XJ900N color schemes and codes

All,

I am converting a 1986 XJ900F to a XJ900N. While I managed to find all parts  for the conversion I have hit a wall with regards to color. I want to use one of the original color schemes as can be seen in the photo. I would appreciate any help or pointers to identify the color codes for the red/orange and silver used on the XJ.

Thank you in advance.

Best, Torsten 

Yamaha_XJ900_001_Nippon-Classic.de_-1.jpg

problem is even if you did is it still available?

a lot of old paints would have been made with nasty chemical elements including lead also that are carcinogenic (too many to list) in them which now a days are bannned by law.

so realistically your gonna have to look for the nearest modern one and go by that or colour match it yourself....of dont bother asking b&q 🤭.

also dont trust the machines to say thats it either...

Hi Simon,

You are correct. I have been doing some research over the last days and attached my findings. It looks like the XJ above might not be original. The XJ900N was only sold in Germany in 1985. In black/maroon as per picture below. Got the codes for that combo (NYB). I am now using a paint shop to identify actual colors associated with the codes. That appears to be the only way to get info from Yamaha. 

Included:

Yamaha XJ900N catalog picture

XJ 900 model identifiers

XJ900 identifiers.jpg

YAMAHA-XJ-900-1985-1.jpg

XJ paint codes by model.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1