Honda City express 1988

Hi guys, I am new here. I have signed up to get some advice on restoring a Honda city Express 50CC. I have been looking all over the internet to try and find a chassis with a log book and having no luck. I am wondering if anyone here could help

Edited by chris1456

I can't help with parts but do start a thread and share the experience. It's good therapy when the days don't go to plan - you can look back and remind yourself that you've had good days too.

Hi welcome. 

nice to start off small and with a actual brand but from my knowledge not the most popular in the UK so starting here will be harder work. ebay and the web from sellers in more warmer and smaller capacity markets will be the place to look.

Hairsy is correct, with the way it progresses it easier for people to see what's up if you hit that wall.🤨

then their will always be ones with peer view judgy eyes 🧐 to say that you were badly wrong, they would have done it that way themselves cos they know all....blah blah blah...then we laugh about it as it's all BS.

Of course there will always be a 🤓 to help out.

I have located a chassis for the bike. Before starting the project I have beeb trying to find out how much one of these goes for in decent mid restored condition. I'm not having much luck and don't want to spend more then I plan on selling it for. I don't know much history on the bike so unaware if it's even saut after. Does anyone know in what range these are? 

This one looks OK but has starting issues and ‘in need of tune up’. Which can mean a world of different things!

But shows what a real bike made in less than great condition.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325966261588?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=6nVwYzuHSui&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=zwc050N0R2i&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

If it helps, I’m doing something similar - restoring a bike that I’ll be selling and trying to avoid it costing more than I can sell it for. I’m hopeful that I won’t lose money but, either way, if you’re wired the same as me then the experience can be a positive one.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, you've stopped me bothering to restore this, with the bike and replacement chassis it's already £275 and that's without making the other repairs it will need. I guess I'll strip it and just sell it for parts 🙏👍

that would be best...

we was more thinking this was a past time/sentimental value?

if you in it for the money...you would of been best to stop before you bought it...

do a proper research in the aspect of costs, parts, sourcing and if returns are required how much are you expecting back and weigh it up if you have not much experience.