Ace Cafe Reunion Brighton we 14th Sept

Bit difficult at the moment H. Those of us meeting up at PP should be looking at leaving there at around 1130. Now due to the volume of traffic on the way (thousands of bikes) the ride itself may take longer than usual.

We could say meet up at 1230. Normally should be plenty of time but as I say, time goes out the window when a few thousand bikes hit town.

Best just wait until we get there. I will ring you and see where you are when we get parked up.

If you want to arrange something with the others who are not going to PP then that would be good. You lot could meet up first then we can come and find you.

I have never been to Hilltop cafe but went past it a couple of times as a friend had suggested it as a possible meeting place, both times it was closed and there's a barrier.

It is a good meeting place. Last time up there with the lads from work we looked where the bad weather was and went the other direction away from it! You can see all over the place from up there.

Regarding the barrier there is a little road right next to it called Hilltop. There is another entrance to the place from that road too.

Yes I have done that with the weather. I go along Snakey Hill and before that I go past the dogs track that road I can see Devil's Dyke and the weather ahead. Ah I didn't know that about the Hilltop Car Park, useful.

Also, I suggest we park on the outskirts and walk in instead of trying to cram into the middle, especially with newbies like me around.

Where?

If you mean Brighton then you get directed straight to the sea front and straight to a parking spot on Maderia Drive. It's pretty straightforward really.

I am not into the idea of leaving my bike around the outskirts as there are plenty of bike thieves operating when this ride is on.

Also bear in mind there will be plenty of Police around keeping an eye on the riders so make sure you are fully legal before you go as quite a few riders will be getting pulled...

If I remember correctly, I think they want you to 'donate' a fiver to park on the drive or something like that so worth taking a handful of cash to throw in the bucket. A feller or two stands there at the entrance with a bucket for donations so chuck in a few quid if you can. :)

i Am so Exited!!!

Monkey and Paul whats the contact numbers (if you dont mind) as i am prone to turning up and worrying people have missed me :P

:D Convincing Skittles to come as she has work.. telling her to ditch!

Going ace tomorrow (With skittles) Anyone else?

((Possibly going tonight.. but only if some one i know is going which looks doubtfull at the moment))

Jin x

If I remember correctly, I think they want you to 'donate' a fiver to park on the drive or something like that so worth taking a handful of cash to throw in the bucket. A feller or two stands there at the entrance with a bucket for donations so chuck in a few quid if you can. :)

That's Brightona (12 October this year), money goes to charity. Ace Cafe Burn Up is free.

Ok cool, didn't realise it would be so organised. :lol:

It's international as well. They have a run starting in germany, they all come over to Brighton. There are normally quite a few french bike®s as well. :D

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/Programme-Page.aspx

Yeah i went down ace on wednesday and there were german bikes and people camping already!