Riding in Bus Lanes

So is this just for London or a nationwide thing as we are not allowed in them in Brighton. :(

depends on the county council ..Here in Colchester we are only allowed in certain ones ( the ones that stop you having to do a 1/4 mile detour to do 300 yds )

and others were not .....

look for the signs ......

http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/logo-buslanesign.jpg

It explains how it works nationally as part of the motorcycle strategy 2007.

As tim says each Local Authority looks at each case individually... then its for them to decide whether they allow or not and display the necessary signs.

Theres loads of em in sheffield. Theyre great, and I can only assume speed limit free(why else would they put an empty lane thru the city traffic.......)

Problem is, car drivers (Id guess) never notice that I can legally drive em, and look at you like youre a criminal as you cruise past em in the bus lane.

• 5 months later...
Dont know about bus lanes, but then again I use that bike lane where that dotted white line is between the cars!

Thats not what Tear along dotted line means on your license :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
Would love for this to go nationwide.

Who here is guilty of sometimes.....sometimes!...riding in cycle lanes :twisted:

I don't, but maybe i should, after all, cyclists ride on the pavement (when there is no cycle path) at the time.

Had a couple of teens/young twenties ride up behind me and my son the other day on the way home from school (son goes to school not me!) and they came speeding up and seemed quite put out when I didn't move and quite loudly said to my son "Don't move, these idiots should be on the road."

The cyclists dinged thier bells, coughed, complained, but they were stuck behind me walking (slower than usual on purpose) for at least 10 seconds before they decided to go on the road...

I felt so proud at being a grumpy b*stard :D

I don't mind people riding on the pavement if it's a particularly dodgy bit of road, aftetr all I cycle too and I know how some drivers force you into the kerb. I don't mind young children cycling on the pavement either, but when it's late teens and above, and a quiet road, I won't let 'em past.

• 2 weeks later...