Headlight deflectors for Europe?

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Bikes shouldn't need deflectors as the beam is straight ahead.

Even when they weren’t. I never bothered.

The law in most EU countries is that you must show a light in daylight and the ‘Dip’ is more than enough, so are spots or driving lights’. I have never been flashed by oncoming traffic for riding with a left handed dip in daylight. It just doesn’t happen.

modern headlights. Especially LED have a flat spread without any left or right bias so it’s ceased to be an issue. Though in reality it never was.

for cars it was different. At night the dip could dazzle at night. And I guess that’s why it was never an issue for me as I so rarely rode the bike after dark while in Europe.

Edited by Gerontious

Posted (edited)

as Yorky and Gero says:

cars are different as they have two units very far apart (right on edges of a lane with a very wide beam so the spread across two lanes (one either side) so they need abit of redirecting. bikes are not that mostly (or should in view of licence and road manners bs- real world is totally different) single beam with a reasonable spread so they don't require it.

a lot of modern motorcycles led units are quite bright while have a good spread of light.

Edited by RideWithStyles