Help identifying this cable….

Troy

Go to solution Solved by Phil1,

IMG_9332.thumb.jpeg.7dd288808284a3d2ea3fc511edc4d16c.jpeg

I found this cable that wasn't connected to anything under my rear seat…. Any ideas what it does or is supposed to do?

As above. It's to make it easier to trickle charge for periods when the bike isn't being used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Yep, it's the older "TM" connector used in various smart chargers. The newer style is "SAE". 

It'll be connected to the battery most likely with a couple of eyelets. 

Edited by Phil1

the kit you have has large croc connectors only, i bought the same about 20+ years ago by the same brand for a car and other things.

you can use pretty much any connector style to the battery you want but youll have to cut and solder the male version connector onto the cable coming from the charger.

8 hours ago, Troy said:

Streetwize 12v 1.5A Trickle Charger | Euro Car Parts

The above link is the charger I have... do I need to buy a new one with the same connection then to use it on my bike? Or can I use what I currently got and convert it somehow?

If you buy the connectors I linked to you can easily cut the leads and put a connector on so it connects to the bike 

You can then put the other end of the connector on the crocodile clips so you can then connect those up to the charger to use as you normally would if you need to 

You need the correct crimping tool though