Ride out from Sunderland area to Hartside Route TBC 21/09/08

<t>Are you comming</t>  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Are you comming

• Yes i will be there
    • Cannt make it this time
    • Sounds cr@p not a chance

Thought i'd add.In the unlikely event my bike is sold between now and saturday i will have to pull out of this,but like i say this is very unlikely...

Also,can we decide whos following who?

I'm really useless with directions so would prefer someone who knows their way round to lead?

I assume normal group riding rules apply(like leaving plenty of room between each rider,no trying to overtake on the way into a corner...that sort of thing? I've had a few bad experiences going on rides out with people i dont know :lol: )

right yeah i am up for going out tomorrow, was out tonight, there was a few people blasting about!

what time were u thinking? i need to go to gym after work then head out...

*********** or add me as ben henderson on facebook.. i am normally on there so easy to catch me...

ermmm is the ride out sat or sun?

Edited by Anonymous

right yeah i am up for going out tomorrow, was out tonight, there was a few people blasting about!

what time were u thinking? i need to go to gym after work then head out...

or add me as ben henderson on facebook.. i am normally on there so easy to catch me...

ermmm is the ride out sat or sun?

My bad,it's sunday for the ride out :lol: ( i was close)

I dont do all this facebook malarky,but let me know what time you finish work/gym and i'll meet you somewhere.

Could have a little ride down to the lighthouse/wherever.

I'll be the fat bloke on the yellow bike :lol:

right...well lets say about 6 at Mcdonalds at westerhope??

anyone else is welcome to join us! we will be heading to tynemouth from there i think?

test me tomorrow to confirm

Sounds good to me,if i can find it :lol:

yeah got your number! ermmm i dont know how to delete it!

watch it blody rain tomorrow!

Press the edit button on your post,then delete the number out,then hit submit...(or pm a mod to do it if your stuck)

Probably will rain,hope not though,i dont have waterproofs :lol:

sorry i cant make sunday :( its too full of boy racers for me up there

the road up is nice via Crook ... look out for the sharp left to Alston. The one back via Hexham is much more difficult.. watch out for pheasants and theres a steep hairpin going up hill that can take you by surprise. lots of mud on the roads at this time of year too.

Would suggest you have 2 folks that know where theyre going.. front and back marker? Stick to your place in the group (its bad enough other riders passing you let alone watching for your own group passing and its a gentle ride anyway?) and ride to your mirrors, if you cant see the bike behind, then slow down till you can? You could always try the drop off system http://www.newstyletours.com/tours/dropoff.html its easier than it sounds and then you're not worrying about playing catch up?

Hope you guys enjoy the day whichever way you go and see you out and about soon...

what about the Wetlands meet on a Wed/ Sunday evening?

Ta for that Allym316, Anyother tips?

Been thinkin about going to the wetlands meet but dont know anyone else who goes apart from 1 bloke and dont really know him that well so wouldnt want to 'latch' onto him. Might give it a though though. What time on Sundays???

Edited by butlergremlin

Right.Wots the crack??

I aint missin a days ridin fekin about.

Whos going?

What time?

Where?

Wot route?

Wot kind of pace?(dont like wasting rubber tootling but i dont expect or ride at break neck speeds either)

Im out regardless where ever i end up.Hartside,Tynemouth,Bolam,Alnwick,Seahouses i dont care as long as im ridin

I hate to do this last minute,but i'm gonna have to back out of this one.

I'm a bit skint anyway,but the son is looking forward to going out somewhere so it's a day at the park for me i think.

Ben,incase you dont see this message i'll drop you a text shortly to let you know.

Sorry lads,hope you have fun...

Dave

not sure how many people are going now......would more go if we didnt go to hartside?

like you J4ff i will be out somewhere regardless....

for anyone that wants to go out??

or is it still washington at 10?

Edited by Anonymous

I aint missin a days ridin fekin about.

Whos going?

Will be 4 in total - Me, You, Newcastlefalcons, Dogpatch, Also might be meeting some from the northwest at the top of hartside

What time?

10am

Where?

Washington Services Southbound

Wot route?

As above

Wot kind of pace?

Would say at or about the speed limits although once we get to hartside or the road on the way up the hill if anyone wanted to go faster than the rest of us are then they could just break off and would see them at the top. I am not planning on doing any gr8 speeds at all and i know dogpatch is the same, done know about you newcastlefalcons???

Sorry to hear your not out dave, Hope you have a good day whatever you do.

well i aint been up here before so dont really know the roads...i guess i will see how it goes and go a bit faster where it permitts....

i might have mate coming down with me also, he is ringing me when he finishes work tonight!

ben

aww hope you get to play out somewhere, I been out all day, done 200m plus over to the Lakes and back via Devils and Richmond and did about 130 on rider training yesterday so me arms and me neck are aching now! No way Im going out at 10 2m sorry

I got to the Wetlands for about 5.30 last week and there was already loads there

Have fun the morra

Soz for just bolting on the 69.I didnt like the way that silver Astra(i think)was up Dogpatch's ass.So just gave him a dose of the same.

Gonna see if theres anyway of repairing the corupt video files.There must be some program out there for the job.