How do i dry my gloves properly?

I know this is a bit lame but i don't know how to dry my leather gloves properly. I know putting them on the radiator is a bad move because they just go crispy on the outside and stay damp on the inside.

I got some warm inner glove type things but tbh i can't really bend my fingers when i wear them with my normal gloves and thats not good at all.

Has anybody got any magic tips?

PS. I bought a bike for fair weather commuting and occasional fun but since my car is limping its way into early retirement i am now going to be an all season biker :D and i'm well happy about it. Honest.

Leather gloves will always go stiff when dried out, you could treat them with saddle-soap which will put back the neutrients into the leather and also helps with waterproofing them.

Best thing to do is get some Gortex winter gloves so your hands stay toasty and dry, my wintergloves are Gortex with a neoprine inner, it actually tells you to put them in the airing cupboard for a few hours prior to going out in them as they hold the heat in!

,,,,I got some warm inner glove type things but tbh i can't really bend my fingers when i wear them with my normal gloves and thats not good at all.

Has anybody got any magic tips?

Silk liners are really warm and quite thin to wear under gloves, I have a pair under my gortex gloves when its really nippy.. just watch out for your velcro,

See something like these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-Silk-Liner-Gl ... 911.c0.m14

hth

Leather gloves will always go stiff when dried out, you could treat them with saddle-soap which will put back the neutrients into the leather and also helps with waterproofing them.

Best thing to do is get some Gortex winter gloves so your hands stay toasty and dry, my wintergloves are Gortex with a neoprine inner, it actually tells you to put them in the airing cupboard for a few hours prior to going out in them as they hold the heat in!

What he said (about Goretex). :D

Must admit, if they have been damp in the morning when I need them, I`ve bunged them in the tumble drier for 20 mins. Does not seem to have done them any harm, but I would imagine it would if you did it all the time.

get your self a second pair , winter /summer . leave them around the house to dry at room temp, if thay are dripping wet push them onto a coat hanger and let them dry out hanging in the walmest place in the house .

get your self a second pair , winter /summer . leave them around the house to dry at room temp, if thay are dripping wet push them onto a coat hanger and let them dry out hanging in the walmest place in the house .

You've just reminded me my gloves have been in the airing cupboard since thursday so i'm expecting them to be like quavers.. off to check.

warm room should be fine. ya just gotta remember that leather is just skin and letting it dry out too much is like getting chapped lips, is the best way i can think to describe it. too dry and everything cracks, so always a good idea to moisturise anything leather.

i believe you can now get a product for drying the inside of boots/gloves its two heated elements (sticks) which you poke through the ram/leg holes and the warm/dry from the inside.. otherwise, and especially useful with cold gloves on a ride, place them on top of your rocker cover (sorry sports bike owners, plastics prob in the way. and then retrieve before setting off, works a treat on my bandit/ GSX

Rocker Cover (the top bit that covers the top where the Sparkplugs go)

I know this is a bit lame but i don't know how to dry my leather gloves properly. I know putting them on the radiator is a bad move because they just go crispy on the outside and stay damp on the inside.

Speaking of what i done with my gloves as soon as i got home from 6th form :lol:

My gloves got absolutely soaked a few days ago, I just left them in the same room as my bike(theres a tumble dryer in there)

and the heat of the room has dried them right out and they still feel awesome :D

hmm, May pick it up next time I'm down the bike shop if they have it, not going to bother if they don't I mean I can't be bothered to order something like that off the Internet.