Suitable clothing for me.?

Guest BikerManDan17

I ride a black honda cbf250, i am looking for opinions really from you guys on weather i should get full leathers and proper boots, or would this look out of place on this bike if so what should i get? i ask because i dont want to get something that will make me look out of place on the bike if you understand?

ooh i know that i mean i always wear the proper gear but at the moment im in textiles, and i think that leathers offer more protection, i just need advice on which would look better on the bike and which is safer.

If you want some leathers get some. A simple plain black set will go with any bike, if you have full on sportsbike aspirations possibly get some with knee sliders, they are only held on with velcrow so you can pull them off untill you have a more suitable bike.

RST are pretty good, was my first set. Not gone down the road in them (and not wanting to) so cannot comment on what they are like in a crash. But durable, well made and reasonably cheap. Go to a store, try some sizes on, then check out flea-bay. That way you`ll know they fit, and no doubt get them cheaper. And sod what you look like, if you feel safe, get them

there's no reason why leathers should look daft on your bike!

you'd look dafter with gravel rash

and as for boots - most manufacturers do plain black versions of their multi coloured racing boots so you won't lose out on protection if you don't want something flash. there's plenty of less race-oriented variations around too

As posted on the other thread ....

Decisions, decisions ..........

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa39/snagglepuss_album/RoadRashRun03.jpg http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa39/snagglepuss_album/road_rash1.jpg

Textiles are easier to move in, and you can get some textile jackets that look ok casually so you "blend in" more instead of stickin out of the crowd as that guy in bike gear.

and you could ge some kevlar jeans, safe + casual.

Thats what I'm doing anyway, I don't know if I'll ever get full leathers even if I pass my big bike test, but thats my personal choice so.

i've got both and imo the textiles are more comfortable on and off the bike, and warmer in cold weather.

the leathers look better - way cooler - but are not waterproof, can get very hot and are a pig to clean. but they are comfortable and i feel much safer in them.

you'll probably go in a shop, see something you love and buy it, won't matter which it is!

for some reason the filter won't let me write aren't waterproof!

argh! so annoying - trying to write that they let rain in! :evil:

yer i was thinking of gettting black leathers, a a water proof suit cover to go over the top, are leather trousers easy to omove your leg in, like when you put your leg down to stop and wehen you lift it up to the footpeg? could you buy leathers a size too big soo they are loose or will this effect there protection?

Its really up to you, there is no one look for any sort of bike.

I wear my one piece race suit on my triumph tiger in the summer and it doesnt look too out of place. Look around if you see a set of leathers you like get them.

bike leathers come with all kinds of panels in them for ease of movement so you'll have no problem moving on the bike or putting your foot down and stuff. that said, new leather can be a bit stiff and may take a few wears to break in but that won't restrict your movement.

yer i was thinking of gettting black leathers, a a water proof suit cover to go over the top, are leather trousers easy to omove your leg in, like when you put your leg down to stop and wehen you lift it up to the footpeg? could you buy leathers a size too big soo they are loose or will this effect there protection?

Up to you what you get really Dan. Personally I prefer textiles. I wear leathers occasionally but the textiles mean I don't have to carry a rain suit about. I'll say this though, don't buy leathers that are 'a size bigger'. Essentially, leathers consitute a 2nd skin and you run the risk of friction burns under your leathers in an off, if they don't fit correctly.

Convenience is what I go for, between leathers and textiles I mean!!

shouldn't be tight. snug. you'll know when you try them on if they fit you. bend and stretch in them a bit too to make sure you'll be comfy in them in your riding position.

you'll look and feel a bit of a loon doing that in the shop though but everybody does it :D