Which balaclava?

Hi guys,

Anyone is in favour of wearing the balaclavas? One eye? Two eye ones? I am getting 2 eye one and was wondering if anyone had any experience wearing them? Not a big deal but of course, just thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

Sometimes a balaclava or even a face mask can divert your breath upwards - this mists up my specs and occasionally the visor too.

But you can have fun at the garage when they ask you to remove your helmet :twisted:

Yeah Balaclavas are not very good in my experience, as para said, they can mist your visor up, I've tried many products and finally found the one i i think is the best, and i believe in my experience that it is unbeatable, also you can get them in awesome styles, and very cheap!

oh and also they keep your neck and face very warm, nose clip to keep your breathe down your neck (also warms u up and stops misting of visor), i never go out without mine on anymore =]

http://www.bandero.co.uk/

http://www.bandero.co.uk/masks.html

youll find local dealers on there, or google bandero for cheap sites :)

i think they sell for about £15

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4015/nightriderlgfrontaj8.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5411/nightriderlgprofileht6.jpg

Cheap, Effective, Look Good, Comfortable, Warm, 5/5

haha i sound like a sales person, btw i wont get commission on this sale ;) lols

Great, thanks for the tips guys. I'll wait for mine to arrive, put it on and try it out. Sure I'll post some comments then as well.

The main thing is the warmth, was considering one eye, but decided to go for the 2 eye, since it I think looks more cool and sits better when putting the helmet on. Not worried about the mist, since the Caberg V2 helmet has got the built-in anti-mist forcing the air to go down rather than up.

Still I'll wait and see if this works that way :D

Tried one of these half face things like pictured above, and i could not get my helmet on without the helmet just pulling it down and off. I couldn't get it back on with the helmet on, i tried putting it on higher than it was meant to be to counter the dragging, just, didn't work.

Tried one of these half face things like pictured above, and i could not get my helmet on without the helmet just pulling it down and off. I couldn't get it back on with the helmet on, i tried putting it on higher than it was meant to be to counter the dragging, just, didn't work.

:lol:

Exactly the same problem I'm having, I must look like a right idiot trying to pull it up with my helmet on. :mrgreen:

haha! nice one Andy. I just tried to image this, and then you scratching your head with the helmet still on!

That's why I am choosing the 2 eye balaclava. Still waiting for it, but I should have it tomorrow and then I'll tell you my own experience.

Pav

I'm gonna be getting one aswell, hopefully I can find one that doesn't make my face itch though :)

I have some woolen neck warmer at the moment but its extra long(all the shops have at the moment for some reason) and its kind of tight and makes me feel sick lol I hate it.

I use a really cheap "tube" style one that has held up great for over a year. I mostly use it in the cold to keep my neck warm - I have it pulled below my mouth when I wear my eyeglasses and pulled up over my nose when I choose to wear my contact lenses. It is loose and flexible enough that I can use it in lots of different ways...

• 3 weeks later...

I think the subj is a great device. It keeps your helmet clean, makes putting it on easier, and keeps you comfortable whatever the weather.

I have Oxford ChillOut Thermal Motorbike/cycle Balaclava, full head with one hole.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 42ffd3a0df

It is OK for temperatures about 10C and below, otherwise it is too hot. It claims to be wind and waterproof which is not far from the truth. IMHO, the main things to look out for when choosing one are:

1. the hole must be big enough to keep clear of your breath, ideally just under your mouth to avoid steaming (mine is too high)

2. the breast and back covers should be long enough to tuck deep under your outer layer (mine's too short at the back)

3. It should be waterrepellent/proof and windproof (mine is excellent)

Would be the best to try one on, as always, before you buy, as size matters.

Cheers!