1. 1. Which 125?

• Aprilia RS 125
    • Cagiva Mito 125
    • Derbi GPR 125
    • Honda CBR 125
    • Honda NSR 125
    • Sachs XTC 125
    • Yamaha YZF-R 125

..and you wanted a fast and reasonably reliable sports bike for a good price, which would you go for?

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp219/RJBroughton/ApriliaRS125.jpg

Aprilia RS 125

Top speed 93mph

1/4-mile acceleration 16 secs

Power 15bhp

Torque 14ftlb

Weight 126kg

Fuel capacity 14 litres

Average fuel consumption 40mpg

Tank range 125 miles

Insurance group 12

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp219/RJBroughton/CagicaMito125.jpg

Cagiva Mito 125

Top speed 101mph

1/4-mile acceleration 13.5 secs

Power 31bhp

Torque 7ftlb

Weight 129kg

Fuel capacity 14 litres

Average fuel consumption 34mpg

Tank range 104 miles

Insurance group 7

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp219/RJBroughton/DerbiGPR125.jpg

Derbi GPR 125

Top speed 90mph

1/4-mile acceleration 13.6 secs

Power 33bhp

Torque ftlb

Weight 125kg

Fuel capacity 13 litres

Average fuel consumption 45mpg

Tank range 110 miles

Insurance group 4

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp219/RJBroughton/HondaCBR125.jpg

Honda CBR 125

Top speed 70mph

1/4-mile acceleration 18.9 secs

Power 13bhp

Torque 7ftlb

Weight 115kg

Fuel capacity 10 litres

Average fuel consumption 72mpg

Tank range 155 miles

Insurance group 6

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp219/RJBroughton/HondaNSR125.jpg

Honda NSR 125

Top speed 75mph

1/4-mile acceleration 17 secs

Power 11.3bhp

Torque 11ftlb

Weight 127kg

Fuel capacity 13 litres

Average fuel consumption 56mpg

Tank range 165 miles

Insurance group 7

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp219/RJBroughton/SachsXTC125.jpg

Sachs XTC 125

Top speed 80mph

1/4-mile acceleration 19 secs

Power 15bhp

Torque 9.6ftlb

Weight 130kg

Fuel capacity 20 litres

Average fuel consumption 65mpg

Tank range 285 miles

Insurance group 7

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp219/RJBroughton/YamahaYZF-R125.jpg

Yamaha YZF-R 125

Top speed 75mph

1/4-mile acceleration ?

Power 14.6bhp

Torque 9ftlb

Weight 127kg

Fuel capacity 13.8 litres

Average fuel consumption 52mpg

Tank range 150 miles

Insurance group 6

Buy from the factory the RS125 has 33HP and goes alot faster than the rest...Its the best now because the new one has been given a new 2-stroke rotax engine which is far more reliable...Causes it to cost alot more but it will outdo all the others easy...

In a race with a Cagiva mito the RS out accelerates and gets to top speed quicker...I had one not so long ago...

I vote the R125 because it look hot, its 4 stroke and still nippy, and its new.

Pricey though.

2nd choice is an rs125 which I have, you can get a decent 2001/2ish for about £1000 (the older versions are slightly faster and imo, look better.)

If you got 4-stroke it has to be the Sachs. It is the most powerful of the 4-strokes because the company used to make bikes using suzuki engines and then tuning them to get some extra power. Have a look at the Rieju RS2 matrix....Thats a 4-stroke 125 but it sounds nice and goes much faster than a cbr and is as fast as the sachs. I heard from someone that his could hit 85mph so its definately one to look at. The engine it uses is a yamaha so don't be put off by the spanish manufacturing side to it...

But a cheapo 125 then trade up when you can afford and your license will stand it.

Non of the above are sports bikes, they are dressed up 125's.

Wait till you can get a proper powerfull/quick bike, you'll wish you had saved your money.

Im not being flippant, just honest.

Yeah a 125 will struggle to just over a ton, but they do just that, 'struggle'

Rolla

But a cheapo 125 then trade up when you can afford and your license will stand it.

Non of the above are sports bikes, they are dressed up 125's.

Wait till you can get a proper powerfull/quick bike, you'll wish you had saved your money.

Im not being flippant, just honest.

Yeah a 125 will struggle to just over a ton, but they do just that, 'struggle'

Rolla

kinda agree with you but I'd happily trade my 2007 GSX-R 750 for a brand new KTM 125 EXC and a few bits of bling! :D

cant believe the cbr is ahead.Its not the fastest but it wins on being the ugliest bike there.Wots going on with the mirrors :? It looks like a toy compared to the rest.Just needs pink tassles on the bar ends,a bell,sporky dorkies and stabalizers.Ppl will be asking how long it takes to charge up 12v or 24v :lol:

Id go yam first.Then any of the rest cos they look like a "real bike" leaving the fugly cbr last.

If I were to chose one it would be the Sachs - it's the fastest at 80mph so can maintain motorway speeds and it is the most frugal at 75 mpg.

I agree, but for motorways they arent too good as you have to rev the nuts off them to get them to go 70 though stick it in the left lane at 60 and it will be all right. If motorways are involved you would either bore out the 4-stroke so you got more power and could fit bigger sprockets or get the RS125 which mine holds 70mph at 6500rpm. It has the most torque so when tuned and given a better set of sprockets it aint half bad on the motorway.

Guest nastro azzurro
If I were to chose one it would be the Sachs - it's the fastest at 80mph so can maintain motorway speeds and it is the most frugal at 75 mpg.

The Cagiva books @ 101 mph.....

Wunt get any though.... but if they were available when i was in the market for a 125......

For looks it would be the Aprillia. But as a bairn i would want the fastest so it would be the Cagiva. (Fastest to the garage) :lol:

I need help people, at the moment i have a Cagiva Mito 125 and its great because its the fastest out of all my mates bikes and thats how i want it to stay, but im unfortunately having to sell it because i want something more reliable that dosent break (mines in the shop having a top end engine rebuild right now by the way) and i basically want to keep number 1 status within my friends by me having the fastest bike, but i need something more reliable, which one should i get?

My budget is about 1000 pounds, i know this isnt a great amount but thats all i have..

If there is any more anybody wants to add then feel free

Not without stepping down to 4-stroke I'm afraid...the mito is the most unreliable of the 2-strokes as it has to rev more to get that same power as its equivalents. It was never designed with reliability in mind. The latest RS125 has a new Rotax engine which is supposed to be reliable, the first thing I noticed with mine is it sounds deeper and makes more torque...definately a complete overhaul so I would look into it...If you want 2-stroke that is..

cant believe the cbr is ahead.Its not the fastest but it wins on being the ugliest bike there.Wots going on with the mirrors :? It looks like a toy compared to the rest.Just needs pink tassles on the bar ends,a bell,sporky dorkies and stabalizers.Ppl will be asking how long it takes to charge up 12v or 24v :lol:

Id go yam first.Then any of the rest cos they look like a "real bike" leaving the fugly cbr last.

I completely agree. Not that I'd be biased having a Yamaha...............