buying an Arai helmet ?

im afraid thats gonna happen with everything eventually!! with the current financial climate every things costing more plus new Chinese law states workers must get paid a certain amount! so it all adds up and comes back to us!

Was looking at Arai yesterday, but didn't find them anything special.

What I did see though was a Shark Samurai in red which look superb. :mrgreen:

Think that's what I might get.

its not the shiny design that keeps you brain where god intended ;)

they are not 'special' but the cream of the crop. Did you try the shark on?

Helmet fit is a very personal thing and what suits me may be wrong for you....i just remember the foggy rep sharks fitted like a goldfish bowl, on me anyway.

the problem with prices is to do with exchange rates and the pound is getting hammered.

PS all ARAI helmets are made in Japan not China....hence the lack of quality issues with Arai ;)

oh and in 4 years of working for Carnells I never once sent a faulty Arai back ....and i sent lots of other makes back :shock:

Was looking at Arai yesterday, but didn't find them anything special.

What I did see though was a Shark Samurai in red which look superb. :mrgreen:

Think that's what I might get.

its not the shiny design that keeps you brain where god intended ;)

they are not 'special' but the cream of the crop. Did you try the shark on?

Helmet fit is a very personal thing and what suits me may be wrong for you....i just remember the foggy rep sharks fitted like a goldfish bowl, on me anyway.

the problem with prices is to do with exchange rates and the pound is getting hammered.

PS all ARAI helmets are made in Japan not China....hence the lack of quality issues with Arai ;)

oh and in 4 years of working for Carnells I never once sent a faulty Arai back ....and i sent lots of other makes back :shock:

Well I'm not likely to buy a helmet JUSt because it is a nice design.

Likewise I am not going to buy a helmet that has a good rating but a crap design.

In saying that the new Arai designs are quite smart, they just didn't have had them in when I was in.

Just bought another arai to replace my written off one. Got the'chaser' Jolly Roger design.

Saved my skull against a wall of transit van, Id never buy another brand.

It could have been finished in primer, but Id have bought the Arry due to fit and design and build quality.

Ive had AGV, and Shoei lids, all good, but not Arai good.

Personal opinion obviously. Im still here, that makes me happy!

I have an Arai Astro-R lid and its excellent :) Fits excellent, especially when I had the custom fit (free) and I tried a few ones on at the NEC but nothing comes close for me.

I was thinking of buying another lid soon (as a backup) and it'll be an Arai... maybe I should sort it out sooner rather than later if the prices are going up by that much (around 10%!).

R,