Thoughts for 2009 MotoGP

Evs7

Ok I know a wheel hasn't been turned in anger yet in the 2009 season but anyone want to make any predictions for the new season?

I reckon it will be Capirossi's and Edward's last season in the top class. too many young guys coming through.

I reckon Toseland will have another good year. Will land a ride on the Factory Suzuki for 2010.

Top three will be Rossi/Stoner and either Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Dovi or Hayden.

I have a funny hunch something strange is going to happen. Last time I had this feeling I said to myself Stoner would win the title on the Ducati and he did.

So I'm off down the bookies to put £5 on Hayden and Dovi each to win the 2009 title. Don't ask me why, just a funny feeling.

I think It will be a straight battle between Rossi and stoner, followed by Dovi in third as he hands pedders his tiny bottom on a plate.

Maybe if Lorenzo can keep his ass on a seat he could gate crash the party for third!

Toseland will have to have a real good year to get a deal for 2010 and it should be Edweards last year in the class.

Gibbers will be counting his dosh and kallio to be top rookie.(cos i cant remember who the other rookies are :lol: )

Well i think ya all wrong 2 horse race my arse rossi, stoner, lorenzo, pedrosa and dovizozo by the start of the season hayden will be up to pace and be taking points of all of them as well, then depending on tracks etc there will be others in there as well, should be an exciting season far better than the last 2 any way

Lets hope your right roy, stil cant see past Rossi or stoner for the title tho especially all on the same tyres.

Only see Dovi as a dark horse cos he moved to works honda, need to see how much better that makes him go.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nastro azzurro

Dunno why i am bothering here as i am gonna get slated for been biased towards the Italian God of all things 2 wheeled...... :lol:

Rossi...... He showed he can comeback from been written off the last 2 years..... This guy is a winner.... and atm is the only thing making GP's worth watching.

Anyway.... good luck to the rest........ JT also.... though he really gotta pull his finger out this year or he will be creeping back to WSB or even BSB with his tail between his legs, Harsh maybe but thats the way things is in topline sport..... I REALLY do wish him well though and that he gets some consistent results.......

Hope Hayden does good on the Duc too..... And Spanks the little Ozzies Butt..... :lol:

Gorgy should do well if he keeps on the thing!!!!

Dovi will Kick Peddlers Ass

Sete should of stayed retired.........

But there can be only one.... Yamaha are already making big leaps forward with making the bike work on them Bridgestones........

Rossi will win his 9th title. 8-)

Guest nastro azzurro
I still think rossi will win it , i just think he will have to try a tad harder than previous years and we will get better racing because of this and yes nastro my dosh would be on rossi

Rossi is in better shape this year than ever before.... He proper put his self through a more tougher fitness regime to regain the title..... Yamaha also did the Bizness for him by giving him the best bike on the grid.... Credit there to Burgess and ALL the guy's who did any kind of testing at the end of 2007.

it would however.... be very interesting to see how Rossi would fare with a different enginneer other than Burgess..... Alot of credit MUST be given to him.....

I still think rossi will win it , i just think he will have to try a tad harder than previous years and we will get better racing because of this and yes nastro my dosh would be on rossi

Rossi is in better shape this year than ever before.... He proper put his self through a more tougher fitness regime to regain the title..... Yamaha also did the Bizness for him by giving him the best bike on the grid.... Credit there to Burgess and ALL the guy's who did any kind of testing at the end of 2007.

it would however.... be very interesting to see how Rossi would fare with a different enginneer other than Burgess..... Alot of credit MUST be given to him.....

I have to agree again nas me thinks the man behind the scenes has a lot of input into that bike

I would like to see JT improve this year but who knows?

Rossi and Stoner are still the most likely two to grab the title, closely followed by Dovi and Lorenzo to 3rd and 4th with Pedrosa brining up the rear of these in 5th.

Hopefully JT will slot in after that but I can't see it! :(

It would be interesting to store these predictions to see how close we were! :wink:

well as stated before, Don't ask me why because I think Rossi will win the title again. BUT

I'm going to the bookies to put some money on Dovizioso and Hayden to win the title. I have a feeling something strange will happen next year.

Either Honda will come out with a bike that is s*** hot and then Dovi will ride away with it. Or the Ducati and Hayden will work and with everyone else tripping everyone else up he'll win.

I may be wrong but last time I was going to put a crazy bet on was Dec 06 and I was going to put a bet on Stoner.

• 4 weeks later...

I am realy hoping lorenzo can keep his stuff together this year and battle it out more with the top guys . I like him and think hes a very talented young rider . i will be at donnington chearing on J T . carnt wait for the racing to begin .