Number 3.... why???

Evs7

Ok, I noticed in testing that Pedrosa has changed from number 2 to number 3.

Obviously he finished 3rd in the championship so he has decided to change his number, but why? every other rider seems to keep their number year after year.

If Pedrosa finishes fourth is he going to want Dovi's number?

Also is he doing this to get under Rossi's skin? as 3 was Biaggi's old number? :D

You can only choose your own number if the one you want is less than the position that you finished in the championship.

He would definitely not be allowed to keep No 2 if Casey Stoner wants it, which I think Ducati might want to do, but Casey might not. Or any other number that coincides to a placing somebody earned and wanted to keep that number.

I don't think he is allowed number 2 anyway as he didn't achieve that position, so doesn't deserve it.

Hence if I ever race, it will be under 999999. I doubt anyone will stake a claim to it and I'll never win anything because my number board will slow the bike down! (and I'm sh*t) :cheers:

but Dovi never finished in 4th place but he'll still be number 4 and I'm fairly sure that Casey is going back to number 27 as it's a number he has raced with his whole career.

I do understand your post above but I'm fairly confident he could of keep number 2

Guest nastro azzurro

Pedrosa..... Aka the Annoying little Sh*t..... Ran number 26. He changed it last year as a way of digging @ Rossi as he finished above him in the previous year..... ( like that REALLY bothered Rossi)

Honestly cant think why he wants to run No 3??? I thought he would of gone back to 26???

You can choose any number you like unless its number 1 as thats for the Champion of said series. ( They dont have to run it though) The only way say Dovi wont be able to have No 4 is if the guy who finished 4th wanted it. If they didn't then its up for grabs.

Rossi Stays with 46 as its his trademark and earns him a fortune. However, When Champion he has a No 1 on his shoulder.

Stoner never wanted the No 1 plate when he was champ. But due to pressure from Ducati wanting the No 1 plate on their bike he ran with it.

Some racers do say that Running the No 1 plate is a bit of a jinx...... Some dont care.....

well its not a big thing really, just that all the other racers seem to keep their numbers, for instance Rossi has always been 46, Melandri is always 33, Hayden (unless champion is always 69) Stoner was running 27 in the tests again.

so it just seems weird that Dani is going to hop around from number to number year after year.

What if he finishes fourth next year... could be another bust up in the Repsol garage.

Guest nastro azzurro

Think if Ped dont do the Biz next year he will be out on his his ass....... Had long enough.... Honda waint put up With it ... And Dovi will beat him next year anyway........ :lol: