Team Green set to pull the plug on MotoGP effort

Evs7

rumours are circulating that Kawasaki are about to pull the plug on their MotoGP effort. The story has been reported on MCN and Autosport so there must be some truth behind the story. Apparently Hopkins has confirmed that the bosses have announced their intentions of a possible pull out and was unsure of his future.

Early rumours state that the two contracted riders might be pulled into the Kawasaki WSB effort which would be cool. Although losing Kawasaki is a huge blow for MotoGP leaving the field down at just 17 riders for 2009.

with WSB teams reportedly costing 10% of the budget of a MotoGP team is MotoGP doomed?

Could be the reason...... As you say, they ain't exactly front runners..... As you say they are not the top flight in the MotoGP league, so with the worlds financial situation being like it is they might see it as an excuse more than anything....

Arn't BMW meant to be moving into this anyway, or am I thinking of some other competition? Surely they will make the numbers up...

Cant see why kawasaki should pull out due to financial restrictions after all there the only factory team I believe that dont use a main title sponsor!

And no matter wether they are a front running team dorna will not want to have reduced numbers on the grid.

Suzuki and kawasaki should provide satallite bikes, surely if ducati can with there sales the others should have no difficulties.

rumours are circulating that Kawasaki are about to pull the plug on their MotoGP effort. The story has been reported on MCN and Autosport so there must be some truth behind the story. Apparently Hopkins has confirmed that the bosses have announced their intentions of a possible pull out and was unsure of his future.

Early rumours state that the two contracted riders might be pulled into the Kawasaki WSB effort which would be cool. Although losing Kawasaki is a huge blow for MotoGP leaving the field down at just 17 riders for 2009.

with WSB teams reportedly costing 10% of the budget of a MotoGP team is MotoGP doomed?

And they call last year an effort?

I think moto G P may well change out of all recognition in the next few years . If the grid numbers fall any more there is a chance the format as we know now may fold completly . I hope not as i love the moto G P races but mark my words .