VTR Firestorm Running problem help needed

Guest poshman1

Ive had problems with my storm and im totally stuck what to do with the thing now. Bike had been running fine for months then out of the blue my bike first started out with it missfiring occationally and has got worse. It now drops a cylinder totally when im crusing at speed usually around 80mph. Cant chime it back in with the throttle sometimes drop it a gear or two fires it back up but usually i go off the throttle slow down and then it will cut back in before i grind to a halt. Bike rides fine as much as i can redline line it getting up to speed in lower gears seems to rev up ok and idles alright. This is the list of things ive done and in order

New plugs

Second hand coil packs and leads ( tested before fitting by an auto electrician and he said they were fine)

Breather pipes, tank venting and flow out of tank

Both cdi boxs swapped temporarily to try form another storm still dropped a cylinder so put originals back in

Timing and valve clearences checked

Carbs stripped clean and balanced

Ignition pick up module

Bike had been running fine and this problem seems to just of developed on its own. not rode the storm for 4 months now and not sure what to do next. Going to take it to a rolling road so we can see exactly whats going on i think. pissing me right off an the wallets taking a bashing and im not getting anywhere.

Thanks

hey mate, i had this problem last winter, but you know what i didnt do anything but bare with it and it for some reason stopped. i do know they hate this weather so i am having trouble with my storm at the mo.

if you dont get it sorted by the next time i am at the garage with mine i will ask them. i go there regularly in the winter pmsl

• 2 weeks later...

it must be a cold they are catching as mine over the last month has started to drop a cylinder and feeling like its coughing when i am cruising at around 80. its a weird feeling but that is the only was i can describe it, have you felt anything like it with your vtr???