Thinking of a long ride in summer....

Stop worrying about it.... take some advice from myself and other people on here and get out and ride.... we can all sit and critically analyse our riding til the cows come home... but in my opinion its making you feel a lot worse about your riding than you need to be.

Also.... a lot of your riding is in a group... and you may feel intimidated... group riding is not the best to learn if you're not confident. Get some one to one or small group riding under your belt :)

I've decided.

I will go on this ride by myself tomorrow and only stop in Rosedale Abbey, Dalby Forest and Scarborough or Brid. A small group 1 to 3 people are welcome. PM me. Not advisable to meet at squires due to easter show so Billborough McDonalds on the A64 at 10.30-11am?

Plus others will know the route and lead next time :wink:

Edited by stelmer

Good for you!! Gonna be a cracking day weather wise (fingers crossed) and you will enjoy it, bet ya!

Just remember all that you learnt, and be confident that you were good enough to pass your test.. you just need to get some miles under your belt :)

Im really glad you decided to go... Ride safe.. look forward to hearing back tomoro night :thumb:

Well, i've been out on the bike today, added around 50 miles to it and tried everything people have mentioned.

Makes a big difference though on the road to the A63 from Squires I seem to be doing 40mph round the bends. Still, gonna ride and ride to get my experience up.

Will be at Squires next Wed tea and Thurs Tea.

Other news is the Odometer started working again and counted up for 40 miles till i got upto motorway speeds and it stopped.

I just done 125 miles on the GSX without stopping today. It ran superb and I think it's done it a world of good. Basically went round a big circle:

Home-Squires-Stillingfleet-Deighton-Fridaythorpe-Staxton-Malton-Deighton-Stillingfleet-Squires-Home.

Thinking of doing this long ride on Sunday too with a few people if anyone is interested.

Well done getting out and more importantly enjoying riding your bike :D

Think a few are meeting up at Willie Woods on Sunday ???

I'm popping to the Bikesafe open day at the Humber Bridge.

You can get an hour long observed ride for free that day which is great fun :D

• 3 weeks later...

Righty, update time.

Rear shock is now done and has made an immense difference to the bike and how it handles. It has a new reg rec and earth strap too which has helped wonders.

However,

The rocker gasket blew out on me over the weekend so the bike is out of action till I bodge repair 3 out of 5 stripped bolt holes with JB weld. Might even JB weld the gasket to the head as i've no need to open the cover...ever....