Sports Or Cruiser?

Armageddon

<t>Cruiser Or Sports?</t>  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Cruiser Or Sports?

• Cruiser
    • Sport

I currently have a Varadero XL125V and i love it but i really wanted to move to cruisers after this one but i really dont know. My mate has a Suzuki GN 125 and has just got a Ninja 600 and id never keep up with him on a cruiser. My dream bike is a Suzuki B-King but i love to look at the big cruisers at the store, i love they're impressive bulk and people say i'd suit a cruiser far better. So some help please! :D Like what one and why and so on :)

Cheers,

Keith

The speed limit is the same for sports bikes and cruisers alike. If you're riding for fun then a cruiser is fine, if you're riding for an adrenaline rush get a sports bike.

Or get a new mate who doesn't shoot off and leave you.

Beside my office is Area 51 Custom Bikes, and some of the choppers and cruisers that come out of there are amazing.

Start at approx 30k though I think.

There is an excellent AC/DC one :mrgreen:

Also had a trike in there the other day, and it was about the size of a saloon car :lol:

You wanted a Marauder as a 125 originally didn't you ?

most Cruisers well keep up with most bikes as they have a lot of power its only top end power and speed Cruiser lose out on,

my brother has a Cruiser and he can keep up with me no probs :angel12: unless i really open the bike up or i go over 80mph then he cant keep up :lol:

Beside my office is Area 51 Custom Bikes, and some of the choppers and cruisers that come out of there are amazing.

Start at approx 30k though I think.

There is an excellent AC/DC one :mrgreen:

Also had a trike in there the other day, and it was about the size of a saloon car :lol:

You wanted a Marauder as a 125 originally didn't you ?

Yeah, i think Marauders look awesome! I want the biggest (physically) baddest looking cruiser i can get lol. I seen a few in the honda showroom but i cant remember theyre names atall, going there on Monday (Tomorrow) to see how much they are.

Get the bike you want and ride with real mates they won't ride off into the distance.

:stupid:

For me - neither! I used to ride sports bikes all the time but now would only own one as a second bike, for me I have fallen for the big trallie enduro bike (mind you always liked 'em) and now quite fancy a supermoto as a fun bike, oh and a crosser/enduro bike :shock:

Get the bike you want and ride with real mates they won't ride off into the distance.

:stupid:

For me - neither! I used to ride sports bikes all the time but now would only own one as a second bike, for me I have fallen for the big trallie enduro bike (mind you always liked 'em) and now quite fancy a supermoto as a fun bike, oh and a crosser/enduro bike :shock:

WILLLLLLLOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!

love the anti cruiser posts as always ....they can go as fast ...... ask Hippy about harleys and corners and keeping up....

if you want cruiser get one ....we are all different .... im sure i will have one at some point and will enjoy it ...

Its a Yamaha Dragster 650 XD

That'll be an XVS, Had a 650 Draggie classic for 3 years before upgrading to the 1100.

Cracking bike, cheap to run too, I was getting 20,000 miles out of a rear tyre and I never changed the front but I put 42,000 on it and sold the bike with 50,000. so I'm guessing it was the original. I had it serviced twice a year and changed the oil between as needed.

Have the back end lifted (frame) if the rear wheel stays on terra firma walk away (or get dealer to sort) a new shocker will be needed and they are best part of £300.

They won't set the world on fire but I still miss mine, you can throw them about with the ease of a sports bike (had a CBR600 before) you just run out of ground clearance sooner.

Shaft drive so no oily chains to adjust, lub and replace.

Put a screen on or you will rip your arms & head off over 70mph.

Got anymore details year, mileage ect.

You throw it about like a sports bike and got 20k out of a tyre. What sort of sports bike a mini moto. :P

The 650 drag star is very tame and under powered and if pushed will ground out at the least hint of a bend. It'll get stuck in traffic two up. The 535 Virago is a better bet than the 650 drag star imho.

I had a test ride on the 1100 dragstar when they first came out. Took it back after 20 mins. Slightly scuffed :oops:

I'll stick with the Virago. The 1100 is a very capable machine. Only draw back is the name 8-)