Handlebar Muffs

Been struggeling with freezing cold fingers in the mornings and was thinking about getting some handlebar muffs. I've already bought some Alpinestar winter gloves which helped but just delayed the freezing process.

Anybody here use any handlebar muffs or are they a bit of a no go?

I bought a pair and they are great. Mine have a nice opening for the mirrors so it does not restrict anything but I never used them in anger. My inner thermal gloves and external winter water proof ones are great.

Yep, don`t give a shite what they look like, I do have a set. Must admit I do not use them as much as I thought I would, because they are a little restrictive, especially getting your hand back on the bar after wiping your visor. They do however work and on long journeys and in weather like we have been having I would not hesitate to use them.

I have used them, look fuggin ugly but one of the most practical things you can add for winter riding. Just a pain to fit and remove, couldn't be arsed this year (what a mistake that's turned out to be :lol: ).

Are this type that just fit on with a strap that tightens past the levers no good?

http://i9.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/18/69/0e57_35.JPG

I have used them, look fuggin ugly but one of the most practical things you can add for winter riding. Just a pain to fit and remove, couldn't be arsed this year (what a mistake that's turned out to be :lol: ).

Are this type that just fit on with a strap that tightens past the levers no good?

http://i9.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/18/69/0e57_35.JPG

the only thing with them is making sure they dont apply the front brake/brake light as the wind pushes them back towards the bar,i made a small bracket that came off the bar end and held them in position to avoid this

You'll need to check that they fit your bike, mine didn't, the mirrors are in the way.

So I have a pair similar to the pictures above (Tech 7), that I need to list on eBay at some point to get rid of them.

Presumably you can buy ones with openings for the mirrors.

You'll need to check that they fit your bike, mine didn't, the mirrors are in the way.

So I have a pair similar to the pictures above (Tech 7), that I need to list on eBay at some point to get rid of them.

Presumably you can buy ones with openings for the mirrors.

You need to cut a hole; take the mirrors off, fit muffs, line up with where the mirrors go, cut a small hole and then re-fit mirrors.

You need to cut a hole; take the mirrors off, fit muffs, line up with where the mirrors go, cut a small hole and then re-fit mirrors.

That makes them a bit more permanent than I would like, not so simple as strapping them on/off.

If I tried to take mirrors off I would probably break something.

• 3 years later...

I've just bought a pair of Oxford Muffs for my Honda CBF125. They will look huge on it. I tried to put them on and are not convinced they will close enough to keep the water and wind out.

Has anyone else used the Oxford Muffs on a CBF125 that could give me some advice?

Cheers

John

The smaller the bike the more ridiculous muffs look IMO. I have these from Autokicker

http://www.autokicker.com/Motorcycle-Mo ... B005KVQNIM

which I put over my handguards so they do not flatten in the wind. They also do not have a lining, so they don't soak up water.