1st Sunday in April (3rd?4th?) anyone fancy a run out?

Guest WalneyFrankie

Hi all,

I am putting the bike back on the road 1st april, (6mths tax) so am gonna have a run out, anyone want to join me, route undecided, i'm on the West cumbria (south) coast, so cumbria, lancs, yorks,..

Simon

125's welcome, i'm no speed demon..

I should be good to go - if I ever get the new downpipes on!

Ive got a new lid and desperate to try it out :)

I bet matt, dave and jimsoon would be up for it too

matts in Scotland?

Dave's moving down south...

so Jimsoon, and hopefully OrkneyRob, now in ulverston

Blakeatron, i can come up through the lake road and meet up with you, need an idea on routes.. i've been biking the area since i was 17, when i worked in keswick, so if theres anywhere you fancy...?

ohh just so you can get an idea of how long, i'm 35.. (yes, i know that's old..)

Saw matt the other day - didn't realise he was gone!

Dave is back (for now!) and he has new friends including his brother.

Sorry but my road knowledge/general geography is rubbish - I can easily get lost in asda...

Dont mind where we go as long as it is a nice road (not too fast as I like my licence!), there is somewhere to stop for a cup of tea and we can do it in a day or less :)

sunday? im working from 3pm but if you want an early(ish) ride out,

i went yesterday about 10ish upto bridge it was soo busy, had to park on the road on the other side. I went up from bridge, i think it was the road to Hawes, but I turned to kendal and came back round to bridge again, back through lancaster.

we could meet at Devils Bridge then take the A65 to ingleton, onto Hawes, then Sedbergh back towards Kendal up the A6 to Penrith, and the A66 to Keswick, then the A591 past thirlmere, down Dunmail Raise, past Grasmere, Rydal, Ambleside and Windermere, onto kendal then the A6, over the M6 back to Devils, 135miles..

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, I can't do Sunday, got a 20mile walk to do in preparation for the Keswick 2 barrow 40 miler in May.

but can do Saturday, the 4th,

anyone else interested in a run out on Saturday?

How about we meet at Devils Bridge for 11.00, then A65 to Skipton, to Harrogate, Ripon, then Masham, (grab bite to eat), Leyburn, Hawes, Sedergh, and back to Kirkby Lonsdale,

125 miles,

pm me with your mobile number, i've sent mine