Arai Helmets

<t>visor removal system is</t>  

10 members have voted

1. 1. visor removal system is

• crap
    • good

I love my Arai... but I have to agree.

Only if they could use the same system as the HJC, now thats easy and it doesn't feel as if you're going to break it when you remove the visor!

I only get my visor removed twice a year at Butlins when the Arai man services it for me...

It is actually quite easy... u just need to know how it works... and u can be very very rough with the visor... but i too much of a girl! lol

I switch from the tinted to clear visor quite often and whilst I voted "crap" I must admit that after numerous times I`m quite used to doing it now and it now seems easy. When I first brought it I did think what a crap mechanism and I worried like hell that I was going to break a £450 lid.

I kneel on the floor with the helmet btween my thighs with the visor facing away. Lift the visor (quite sharply) to bring the clips forward. Lift the clips and raise the visor up fully untill it dissengages. Putting it back on I do exactly the same but obviously push/turn the visor down.

Guest Mr Miller
I kneel on the floor with the helmet btween my thighs.....

You're being modest, Neil! I've heard it's nearer your knees!!! :wink:

Back on topic......

No Idea - I have a Shoei but can't comment as I'm too scared to remove it to put the Pinlock thingy in in case I break it!

If I can wait until Croft BSB, I'll get the Shoei man to do it!

If you dont like it stu dont buy another!

why :?

i dont buy my helmets on how shit visor removal is :lol:

the helmet is great fits brill etc etc its just the mechanism for visor removal :?

dont like it :?

i have actually managed to break one of the side pods :evil: but £30 later i got new one put on and the opposit one spare for next time. thye are an arse but you can be quite rough with them.

• 2 weeks later...
:stupid: the removal is easy but putting them back on it a pain in the rear, i have yet again managed to break the side pod :evil: so need to get it fixed, riding round with it selotaped on at the mo :oops:

I love my Arai... but I have to agree.

Only if they could use the same system as the HJC, now thats easy and it doesn't feel as if you're going to break it when you remove the visor!

My HJC's visor is a right pain in the arse to get off, I usually end up getting the screw driver and undoing it.