short notice bike test available next week - should i?

Unfortunately not, I've got trainers or trainers...

There's 3 motorbike dealers near me so I'm sure I can find some locally if I need to..

Oh and I just remembered that I never did get round to ordering a replacement tax disc when I noticed it was missing ages ago! (I know, im an idiot) The bike is taxed, it just doesnt have a disc, so you have to go to a DVLA office to get a replacement. So I thought oh well i'll just go get one from the DVLA office in Lincoln on Saturday but they are not open on weekends! I hope work dont mind me taking half of Monday off to go sort that out as well as tuesday off for the test :(

I had to go get a replacement tax disc on Tuesday there, as my holder fell off during my run at the weekend.

£7 for a replacement. :roll:

Oh and I got Dainase boots for £100, and very good they are too.

Well looks like im going shoe shopping at the weekend then :P makes a change from just watching my girlfriend shoe shopping i guess...

Don't take her, or you will end up with a bag, earrings and a necklace to match your boots :lol:

Well I just got back from my 2 hour lesson and the instructor said he was very happy with my riding, said I was nice and smooth and did the U turn and emergency stop perfectly :D The only bad comment he had was that I was maybe a little too hesitant at mini roundabouts and the like, but thats not the end of the world eh, better safe than sorry :)

Got another 2 hour lesson tomorrow and as long as that goes ok I think I'll be feeling fairly confident :)

Being hesitant is a minor fault on test... but do it often enough and it becomes a fail...

Keep practicing on the things u need to :thumb:

Did you book test, sorry have not looked at entire thread :)

thanks guys :) had another good 2 hour lesson today, the instructor said if I ride like I have been doing this weekend on my test then i should have no problems at all... lets just hope thats the case! :) Only thing I did wrong was put my foot down on one U turn (out of about 10 or 11 that we did throughout the day) which im a bit annoyed about but I guess these things happen!

same here, its lovely weather today here (for once!)

Went and got a tax disc from DVLA lincoln today, just got to figure out how to get it on my bike now... (i bought a tax disc holder but it doesnt come with any screws or bolts etc)

Oh and I bought some proper biking boots and some new gloves too, the boots took a bit of getting used to but they are all good now and keep my ankles warmer too :P

well i just got back and even though I felt quite confident before I feel like im gonna fail now :( I just feel like im not doing enough shoulder checks / lifesavers. The thing is my instructor didnt pick up on me doing them wrong at all but that doesnt make me feel much better because he also didnt pick up on a few other things that I know I did wrong, like not indicating when I pulled off from the roadside a few times. Everyone says that you are supposed to do one lifesaver as you get into position to turn or whatever and then one just before you turn but I have only ever really done the one because I dont see how you can be looking over your shoulder just as your coming up to a junction trying to see if its clear to go or whatever... i dunno we will see what happens tomorow but if I fail cos of that then I'll be pretty annoyed at my instructor for not telling me I have been doing it wrong all this time.

well i just got back and even though I felt quite confident before I feel like im gonna fail now :( I just feel like im not doing enough shoulder checks / lifesavers. The thing is my instructor didnt pick up on me doing them wrong at all but that doesnt make me feel much better because he also didnt pick up on a few other things that I know I did wrong, like not indicating when I pulled off from the roadside a few times. Everyone says that you are supposed to do one lifesaver as you get into position to turn or whatever and then one just before you turn but I have only ever really done the one because I dont see how you can be looking over your shoulder just as your coming up to a junction trying to see if its clear to go or whatever... i dunno we will see what happens tomorow but if I fail cos of that then I'll be pretty annoyed at my instructor for not telling me I have been doing it wrong all this time.

You don't always have to indicate to move off depending on what's around BUT it doesn't do any harm if you do it.

Do one lifesaver as you get into position for your turn be that left or right. You don't have to do another lifesaver if you're looking and still moving and then pull out however it's always an idea to give a quick one as you get to the white line to make sure you're not being under cut. However, if you stop at the junction then before moving off you should give a look if you can, even if it's a quick glance just before the break in traffic opens for you.