1000 mile macmillan fundraiser

fleat

hi guys i know you dont know me well but i think you will all agree its a really great cause.

myself and 3 others are going to ride around the coast line from grimsby to blackpool

we are going to ride around the east south and west coast of the uk in aid of macmillan its going to be roughly 1200 mile starting in grimsby and finishing in blackpoool,

any riders that would like to accompany us are more than welcome. we are stopping overnight at camp sites along the coast first night is at margate,2nd at weymouth and 3rd at bangor then to bp and home .

we will also be getting sponsors from local buisnesses and neighbours and friends all we ask is to give what you can afford because at the end of the day everyone is affected by cancer at some point, my own story is that both my nan and grandad died of cancer withing 2 weeks of each other and my wifes aunty and cousin also died of cancer. this is something that really does affect people

what more can i say just please help as much as you all can thank you for taking the time to read,

heres the link to our sponsor page http://www.justgiving.com/royallanshane1kcoast

Edited by fleat

so you guys know we have raised over £1000 so far and thats in about 6 weeks we will keep going on till the day we leave and that will be last day for any fundraising

first night is at margate,2nd at weymouth and 3rd at bangor then to bp and home .

I'm in Kent so will try to join you and ride some of the Kent section if you want?

• 1 month later...

seems some peeps have missed this so just putting a post in again so it makes an appearance :) just so u guys and girls know we have raised over £1500.00 between the 4 of us, to me seems this is the first time we have done anything like this its bloody amazing :P

• 3 weeks later...

Okay mate, well my numbers in the contact section.

If you know what day you will be in Colchester and average time text me and I will try and keep it free :)

If your stopping for lunch I know the best places to go 8-) :beer2:

• 2 weeks later...

ok talk about a complete change of plans , :o we are now not riding on the said route instead were going completely the other way as far as the isle of skye and nairn in scotland, this is because of the sheer amount of traffic that would ov been on the roads the other way and around london and the south coast all still planned for same day, just bit longer think its more like 1100 miles now than the 1k

Does this mean you`ll be on the A1 at some point heading for London. If so let us know and I`ll meet you on the way near Peterborough (If that is on the planned route obviously) Good luck with it and if you send me details of how to donate, I`ll bung in a few quid.

hi m8 yes we will be on the A1 at some point but now its all changed i dont know when if you wanna send me your mobi number i will text you and let you know just before we are there, and anyone that wants to donate you can do so by clicking on my original post or if you want to give cash or cheque then you can send through post i will pm my addy if anyone needs it

well were back and were shattered i do have some pics but not on comp yet so ill wait till i get em of other 2 aswell we covered 350 mile first day 240 second day and ended up the third day getting to the 800 mile mark and the last day with 240 mile

on the second day we went through a little village called fort william and was given parking spaces in the local cop shop (thats were i dropped my bike) luckily i had quite large panniers so there is no major damage and i managed to carry on

there is nt alot more that i can say except i am planning to lands end to john o groats next year cover alot of the west side of the country works out to about 1900 miles all for the british heart foundation so far there is 5 peeps doing it but any one else is welcome to join, when all is sorted i will put a post on here so you all know in plenty of time :)

oh and i had phone numbers in my phone problem was that was in my tank bag and when i fueled up at the first station i didnt put it back on my tank and it flew of when i was overtaking cars tried going back but it had gone, a fella had picked it up but couldnt catch me so took it back to my house (my docs was in it too) so sorry to all that wanted a ride i couldnt contact you

Well done mate, I`m putting some money in an envelope to go in tonights post, (not as much as I`d like but things have cropped up that need paying for) Look forward to seeing the pics of the countryside you must have ridden through.