Module 1 - failed

birmingham :), so quite a while to go :lol:

i know i'll pass, it's just that i want it over and done with. hopefully i've realising the problem of looking at the white line will be the solution :), i think i've had every examiner now though :lol:

Haha! I am taking mine on Monday in Brum too. What time you up? - I need to get out and practice!

Think it would be good if you could book two in a row, so you can consider the first one a practice. Doubt that's a possibility with their timetables though.

So the swerve test isn't so bad as people say then?

Good luck!

Hey,

I've got mine at 10:00, how about you?

The swerve is fine by the way, I messed up cause I went way to quick and my toe clipped it. Done it in the wet and that's fine too.

b*gg*r lib :(

josh.... dare i ask??

have made another thread regarding this but just so anyone else knows that was interested, i'm afraid not. not disheartened, a bit of a pain in the arse but i'll perservere! 4 fails doesn't make you feel all that great :lol: but i'm going to try of a more suited bike.

anything worth getting doesn't come easy :thumb:

afraid to say the chap after me locked his front wheel in the wet on a er6-n. ripped the crash bung clean off and carved up the tarmac. was the blokes first time riding in the wet, but whoever it was, hope your not too shook up

Passed today! Yay!

Bad luck Josh. I just went out practising the swerve and stop over and over on quiet roads. (as that is what I failed on). ran through it in my mind over and over too.

Good luck with it.

• 2 weeks later...

need to book it again - attempt number 6 that is!

i know that next time will be it though! going to use their ybr again but have 30 mins play on it before hand to get aquainted with the brakes. it's become part of my weekly routine now!

had the lessons, i'm fine! my track record begs to differ but it was the difficulty of the RS combined with my nerves on that bloody Uturn!

i nearly got through on the ybr, of which i had 5 minutes to get used to the bike. i did the swerve too quick and locked my back wheel when stopping, and that was it. i did the rest fine and i could barely even feel the biting point!

it's just putting it all together on the day, examiner said so himself :)

oh i know i'll be much better for mod 2, i do plenty of lifesavers and look before i set away, just to get into the mind set.

here's how i look at it, 6th attempt, my nerves are much better.

3rd time lucky, apparently not.

6th time = double the luck

it's garunteed!

If you go in and do it cold (like I did), then it's just a sea of cones! If you look at it from overhead it just about makes sense, but from the ground... just cones everywhere.

I would better if the swerve bit had a road pattern and the swerve cone was a cardboard cut out of a person that you have to avoid! :-) That would make more sense!

• 3 weeks later...
I would better if the swerve bit had a road pattern and the swerve cone was a cardboard cut out of a person that you have to avoid! :-) That would make more sense!

For the benefit of those who still need to do Mod 1, if you look close enough at the tarmac, you can generally see tyre tracks to give you a sense of where to go! As the MPTC gets more use, the tracks should become more easily seen :P