Module 1 - failed

On the uturn! Did it on my rs and got half way round and thought I'm gonna make it!

Then f**ked it up and put my foot down. Just putting it down wasted me 55 quid and 2 hours of traveling. Was shaking with nerves though. Pissed the rest, even did the swerve at about 38mph

Gutted :(

Just out of interest, why did it cost you £55? I just booked my module 1 and it only cost £10; are you doing the DAS?

Wishing you the best of luck for your next one. :)

thanks for the luck all :)

well, it cost £55 because i had to go with my instructor. As the dvla has cut there test centres with this new test scheme by 75% i had to travel from near bridge north to the far (east) side of birmingham. don't have a sat nav and it's quite tricky to get there. that's one of the reasons i was so nervous, foot down, 50odd quid wasted. (only 17 so it's a fair bit of cash to me).

not knocked my confidence at all, just fustrating. went up to a massive makro car park straight after and got u-turning. goin to go back up whenever i can in the week to make sure i'm ready for it. Did find a satnav for a car in my garage though with an earphone socket, so i may try and see how it fairs and save myself the instructor fees (would probably calm my nerves aswell), was roasting in my leathers, and literally shaking during the test.

i really don't understand what harm it would do to give trainees a second chance on something if they get it wrong?

all about the money...

attempt numero two-o tomorrow!

grey clouds forecasted so i'm keeping my fingers crossed...

feeling alot better this time around though, even a bit excited i think... :lol:

been practicing Uturns plenty, just been riding along and keep finding car parks to have a play in. i've got no indication of tight they are, but the urge to put my foot down is going away.

going to do some more Uturns this evening after work. and the confidence will hopefully counter all the nerves i had last time around. and i'd say that's the most hard thing about tests!

Good luck mate!

Top tips my instructor gave me for the U Turn:

1, Imagine your holding a wad of notes between the bar and clutch lever. You need to let the clutch out and you dont want to drop the money.

2, Dont look at the road, only a fixed point up the road where you are turning to point towards.

cheers for that mark :)

that wad of cash thing sounds pretty good! i think i've got all the technique down, it's just having to do it on the day! hopefully my nerves won't get the better of me. i've been practicing at a makro car park aiming for 3 car park spaces, and that virtually as good as i can get. anyone know if they're the equivilant to 7.5 meters? :lol:

didnt think the aprilia had enough lock to do the u turn? thats why i never took my cbt on mine all the m years back? are the 09 ones different in that respect?

sorry to hear you failed you will get it next time!

it does but just about enough. makes the task much harder though!

the 09 is virtually identical to the older shape. same frame and everything. only difference is the engine (newer version) and the fairing's i'd say!

Failed again! :cry:

Clipped the cone with my foot on the swerve and sent it flyin.

Did the rest fine

You have no idea how fustrated again!

No places to book again till the 30th of July! Was earlier ones but I gotta wait 3 days to take it again! Need to hope for a cancelation

Guy from my training school that tested same time as me did exactly the same thing. Got a little too close to the cone and his foot took it out :(

Look on the bright side, you're getting loads of U turn practice :P

Good luck for next time!

• 2 weeks later...

oh yeah, 3rd time wasn't lucky. foot down on U turn again, just lost all the tecnique i had developed before i went it.

moved out too far, hard to fully lock it as quick as i could. would've made it, but bottled it AGAIN and but my foot down, i realised that i may be getting half way around and then looking at the white line, thinking 'yes i'm not going to go over!' then it must be buggering up my balance or something.

oh well, i got to test out the new iphone sat nav which worked a treat, and had a nice mcbreakfast before hand.

only a tenna a pop but it is quite fustrating now. just going to be chance and the end of the day by the look of it.

attempt number 4(!!!!) is on monday. 4th time's the charm as they say... :roll:

:lol:

I'm with mark- you will pass!!! Know it's nerve wracking- i was shaking like a leaf, but you'll be fine =) Where abouts you hail from? Im always out and about if you fancy a meander. Dunno if you're near london though.