A little help needed for Mr. Miller

Guest Mr Miller

Guest Mr Miller

I don't want to clutter up the already busy 'Mikey's Run' threads but I'm in need of some assistance!

According to Google Maps, for me to attend Mikey’s meet, it’s going take me 2 hours to get to the pub car park – and that’s using the glorious A1M, M62, M18 & other assorted roads!

Now, being a rather timid type of chap and only having had my bike since the middle of January, I haven’t done a huge amount of motorway riding – approximately 12 miles all-in!

I wouldn’t bat an eyelid about doing this in the car, what with the Sat-Nav & a decent selection of CD’s but on the bike is a different matter......not least of all is the fact that in 1992, Mr. Honda didn’t think of putting a fuel gauge on the CB750!

So, do I.....

a) Bite the bullet and do the 100 and something miles on our finest asphalt drives, getting me there in the quickest time.

b) Spend most of today at work risking the sack whilst trying to find out a more bike-friendly route and set off at stupidly-early o’clock.

...or

c) See if I can meet up on the way with other forum members from up here or over there (waves hand generally in the direction of the North West - only cos I can't find any others who have said that they're going)?

Come on lads & lasses - help out a poor, useless soul such as myself!

What is a boy to do?

Thanks in advance,

Mr. M.

:cheers:

Do the motorway route. If you've driven on the motorway in a car then there's not much else to it on the bike other than being extra careful when you are approaching a car to pass but you have to be extra careful at all times on the bike anyway. Oh and enjoy the sections of empty motorway. ;)

Guest Mr Miller

Cheers matey!

I didn't mind the 12 miles down the A1, it's just I worry about the other numpties on it!!!

....oh....that and the fact that I......*ahem!*........enjoy.....errrrmmmmm.......'spirited' riding! :oops:

:wink:

I would say option B or C....

B is a good one. I have discovered roads I re-visit doing this. Just make sure you write out good instructions for yourself.

I did 800 miles in 4 days on my tour of Wales.... Spent only about 30 of those on Motorway and Dual Carraigeway.

Do the motorway on the way there... make sure u get there etc etc.... then do some exploring on the back roads on the way back :thumb:

Gonna miss you again :(

Ok, thanks.

Wasn't much, just a bit of advice and encouragement for him.

Racking my brains here trying to think what could have been dodgy in that post but nothing comes up! It was definitely there, I read it twice to see if it made sense and to spell check it!!

One thing that could have an effect is that I was Pm'ing quite a bit this afternoon the same time with someone. :)

and i'll add a bit of encouragement too in my own sweet way... Mikey will have a big smile for you and everyone when you get here ;) Cant offer any adivice I'm afraid being one of those car people lol but often travel back from scouse land on a sunday and if do hit the motorways they're pretty quiet and the closer you get to carrot and turnip land (here) it gets quieter (except for stooopid tractors lol). Lori. xx

and i'll add a bit of encouragement too in my own sweet way... Mikey will have a big smile for you and everyone when you get here ;) Cant offer any adivice I'm afraid being one of those car people lol but often travel back from scouse land on a sunday and if do hit the motorways they're pretty quiet and the closer you get to carrot and turnip land (here) it gets quieter (except for stooopid tractors lol). Lori. xx

I wish I could make it by the way but I will have the kids that day so absolutely no chance of going :(

Guest Mr Miller

Awwwe! What a lot of helpful people..........and Vicki! :wink:

Jade - I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone most of the time! North North Yorkshire and South County Durham - if that makes sense?! In fact, When you visited the Brewery the other week, you were within a stones-throw of my house. I made a comment on your thread but thought you must have missed it!

- I've just seen in one of the other threads that you'll be somewhere else the night before, so unless something is sorted by the North East peeps, I'll be travelling down on me own!.........best check the old Green Flag & The AA! :?

Thanks for the missing words of encouragement, Paul! I really don't think I'll be defeated by the Motorway riding, I'm just wanting someone to say, 'stop being a wuss, jump on the bike and....get out on the high (motor) way!' :D

To be honest......and it pains me to say so......I think Vicki is right (only joshing, petal!) MWay there and explore on the way home!

Lori - Carrot & turnips?!.......Sounds good for the veggie amongst us!......Me!

Mr. M. finally gets to Willy Woods, "Excuse me Mr. Burger van man, can I have a carrot & turnip butty, please?" :D

Mr M

Go onto google maps type in Market rasen then Right click mouse and select "directions to here" type your postcode in box 'A' then click "Show options" tick the "Avoid highways box" select "Get directions"

Guest Mr Miller

Well bügger me with a pitch fork! I must've missed that bit!

I was just grabbing the blue route it gives you and dragging it about trying to find reasonable roads!

Once I've actually done some work, I'll have a sneaky peek!

Cheers matey!

Well bügger me with a pitch fork! I must've missed that bit!

I was just grabbing the blue route it gives you and dragging it about trying to find reasonable roads!

Once I've actually done some work, I'll have a sneaky peek!

Cheers matey!

Mr Miller....

I have a plan...

I'm coming from South Cumbria.

I have travelled to your neck of the woods on unit attachment,... RAF Leeming, Bedale, how about i run across country and meet with you, then we come down the A1M together..

will take me 4.5 hours so about 30 mins detour.., i was going to do the A65 to skipton anyway..

Simon

Guest Mr Miller

Why, that's awfully decent of you Simon!

To save you the extra trip across the moors, which way would you have gone from Skipton? There maybe somewhere I could meet you that would make it easier for you!

I currently have Google Maps open in another window and I'm trying all options!

Let me know your thoughts!

Does your bike have a fuel gague?! :wink:

Guest Mr Miller

I'm old fashioned.....when the needle heads into the red, I fill up!

If I forget the mileage.....I'll be the one stood by the side of the road, looking mightily sheepish!

:D

I'm old fashioned.....when the needle heads into the red, I fill up!

If I forget the mileage.....I'll be the one stood by the side of the road, looking mightily sheepish!

:D

Both bikes I've had haven't had fuel gauges so I've got use to resetting the trip odometer each time I fill up and know that at about 140 miles I need to fill up again.

Guest Mr Miller

Ahhh! I see where you're coming from!

:oops: Confession time! I've only had the bike since the middle of January......and.........I reset the trip when I got her out of the van here...........and I don't want to reset it cos I'll forget how many miles she's looked after me through! :oops:

My Name is Mr. Miller.......and I'm an addict!

Ahhh! I see where you're coming from!

:oops: Confession time! I've only had the bike since the middle of January......and.........I reset the trip when I got her out of the van here...........and I don't want to reset it cos I'll forget how many miles she's looked after me through! :oops:

My Name is Mr. Miller.......and I'm an addict!

Have you got a car???????? :D