total cost of lessons and test

Guest cubz

been thinking about sitting my bike test for months now and phoned local instructors and got a price of £700 for my cbt and mod 1 and 2. infact i copied this from website (see below) its easier than typing it all out. i have never sat on a bike before so a wee bit unsure if its for me or not but guy said i would get 2 hour free lesson to get used basics of riding a bike but kept saying that it was great price so just wanting a second opinion to see if it is. he said its going up to 870 at end of month. what has recent learners been payign for gauranteed course?

Full Course CBT + 23 Hrs + 2 Hrs Theory (4 - Day Course)

Most popular course, approx 75% of our students attend this course.

(With Guarantee Option)

Our "Full Course" is ideal for novice riders who achieve the CBT in one day (approx 8 hours to a satisfactory standard) and were not required to attend our Pre - CBT Course, or students who rode bikes a few years ago and are a bit "rusty" but still achieved the CBT in one day. You will progress straight from your CBT onto the 125cc motorcycle for 8 hours, before continuing onto the 500cc motorcycle (if on the DAS course). A further 15 hours of 500cc training will then take place for Module 1 & 2 after your first 8 hours on the 125cc plus 2 hours of theory.

thanks cubz

i just passed with pro scot on wednesday, and would recommend them. Good instructors, and very easy to deal with. :cheers:

I got a deal at the end of may, and paid 610 quid for the same package, plus 69 quid for the guarantee, so 679 all in. i knew they were putting prices up, but i got in just before they did, and they were still cheaper than most other places for me. Thankfully i didnt need the guarantee, passed first time. I start the bike shopping and test riding fun in 10 hours 8-)

Just do it, you wont regret it

If you'r really not sure about it then you could always do your CBT as a seperate element and see how you feel on that rather than pay the whole amount and discover you don't like it. Tho that might end up costing you more in the long run.

But I have to say I agree with Mckeann, you won't regret it :)

thanks for the reply folks. seeems like a decent price then. it just a case of getting the spare money together to get it all done or just going for loan and getting everything at once.

I did my CBT with Pegasus in Ayr (bit far away for you) they were great, answered any questions i had, very freindly and relaxed. none of this souting if you make any mistake and making you feel uncomfortable. I'm going to book my DAS in the next couple of weeks when i pass my theory. They were priced at about £570.