sunday 5th july

as the 27th june thread really, meeting at devils or kendal not to bothered.

Riding from devils bridge - Kendal the back way rather than the dual carriageway

heading from kendal up the A6 to Penrith,

Stop for fuel, then head to Alston

up the hairy pins to Harstside Cafe for lunch

then out toward middleton in teeside brew stop

head to brough then kirkby stephens

then take the road to sedbergh

sedbergh to devils

heres the map

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 8&t=p&z=15

let me know what times are good for meeting and where ect.

Sounds good to me! 9.30 then?

So scarey I couldn't really see but caught up a car that was doing 35 I went and took it not seeing the corner further up, was in a bit hot and hit the rear brake, not much happened so I pulled the front, and it sat up, missed the bollards sheep and the drop, could have been a bad one. Learnt from it though and all is ok.

9.30 seems ok, see if anyone else is coming - simon has a bit of a treck to get to devils if he comes :)

I remember doing something very similar - into a right too hot, back brake, front brake, grass, oh sh!t, sh!t, sh!t road, keep going. Breath and learn!

sorry, gonna be no-show with this one.. :lol:

It's ok, you don't have to ride on the grass :lol:

Nah, I'm i'm hoping to head over to Knott end cafe and Thornton with a better offer..

PS. congrats on the Tag.. still ain't gonna get the next one.. maybe on my way to MFN i can pick one up..

My bike is in the garage till at least tomorrow afternoon, if I get it back I'll post, but I'm not counting on it!

whats up with it?

On really hot days like yesterday, I ride along fine, then slow for a junction, when I pulled the clutch it cut out. Only when shifting from 2nd -1st. When it was going it was ok then slowing it happened. After it cut out it started after a min or so, then had an irratic idle. It's done it a few times before but it's really intermittent

On really hot days like yesterday, I ride along fine, then slow for a junction, when I pulled the clutch it cut out. Only when shifting from 2nd -1st. When it was going it was ok then slowing it happened. After it cut out it started after a min or so, then had an irratic idle. It's done it a few times before but it's really intermittent

whats your idle speed and when were your carbs last balanced.. its an R6 right?

Normally it idles ok, but after it cuts out it jumps around a bit. It's fuel injection too, so I've *no* carbs to play with.

edited to say no carbs woops

Edited by jimsoon