Hi there

Guest willuk22

Hi guys, thought I'd say hi being new to motorbikes and wanting to get my license. Passed my theory test on Friday and looking to to the DAS course. Rang around a few places nearby and found one over 5 days. Thing is that its 2 days next weekend which is 1 day CBT and 1 day full training, then 2 weeks later I do 2 more days with the second day being my Mod 1 test, then if I pass that its booking my mod 2 test which will be whenever I get the time off work. The thing is I booked a whole week of work for the end of this month with the thought of starting on a monday morning and passing my test on the friday afternoon, but this doesnt seem to be the case. Has anyone else managed to have their DAS course spread over a period of time? I doubt I will forget much in a 2 week gap but I would prefer to do in all in a 1er. I was also hoping to finish the course on the 31st of July (my last day of time booked off and ofcourse payday) but turns out they want the £650 off my next Saturday before I start the course, oops. I can see how they want it upfront incase the give me training then I dont cough up. anyways enough from me, pleasure to be here and find out loads from the site.

Cheers, Will.

Welcome Will :thumb:

Pop into 'Newbies' and post a hi!

Personally I did my DAS in one go. I know others on here have done like you have described with no bother!!

They will be along shortly I am sure!!!

Hiya ... i know people who did DAS in a week, but that was under the old system and test... not sure how the new one works... let us know how you get on and good luck :thumb:

:stupid:

I did mine just before it switched over and had it all done in a week (although i was doing a restricted license). Also, put your location in your profile as some people may then be able to recommend you some places to go :thumb:

Hiya welcome to the site :D

I heard a rumour that they are going to scrap the new test and go back to the old one but I dont know how true it is! Maybe someone else has more info though it might be worth hanging on a bit :D

Hiya welcome to the site :D

I heard a rumour that they are going to scrap the new test and go back to the old one but I dont know how true it is! Maybe someone else has more info though it might be worth hanging on a bit :D

Has anyone else heard this? Can anybody confirm a source?

i heard they were delaying roll out, but the govt won't back down and be seen to turning.. rather spend a fortune making something broken work..

The thing is I booked a whole week of work for the end of this month with the thought of starting on a monday morning and passing my test on the friday afternoon, but this doesnt seem to be the case. Has anyone else managed to have their DAS course spread over a period of time?

My DAS was advertised as a 5 day course but is actually split.

The problem is, I was told you need to pass Mod 1 before you can book Mod 2 test. DSA need 3 days notice to cancel else you forfeit the fee so if you book all in one go and fail the Mod 1 you'll lose out.

I'm training this weekend and taking my Mod 1 test next week. One passed I'll be booking Mod 2.

Seems sensible to me and saves me taking a full week off work.

Where are you located? probably different schools will handle differently.

Good luck with yours anyhow!

Quick update, did the CBT on Saturday and the 1st day das on Sunday, no problems at all, straight on the 500 on Sunday morning and had a great afternoon on the roads in and around Peterborough. Not back out until 2 weeks time when I have 1 full day training then my Mod 1 at 0830 the next morning, if all goes well i'll hopefully get a Mod 2 test booked for the next few days after that, fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Another progress update, passed Mod 1 on Tuesday with 1 minor which was a late lifesaver on U-turn, anyways done and dusted. Also passed my Mod 2 today which was good. Got 2 minors, 1 was pulling over where I could pull in behind a car at the enterence to a church I think it was and wouldn't have been in the way of people entering or leaving but the examiner couldn't pull in behind me. Also I was doing 70mph in a 60mph which was a steep hill with a single going into a double for overtaking (I was briskly trying to pass a slow camper van) and my instructor told me it was a 70 zone the tw@t but it was only a 60 because the other side of the road was only seperated by a solid white line and not a reservation. The examiner made me sweat it out at the end when questioning me on my speed and I was getting worried but he then gave me the good news, anyways now officially road legal, just need to get myself an R1 and a massive tree to wrap it round lol