Making a stock exhaust louder?

Phil_D

no they are fabricated so as not to be able to interfere without major mods,..

best bet is to search ebay for an aftermarket slip on, road legal,..

what bike BTW?

its a honda cbr600FY

Absolutely love the bike but the stock exhaust is a bit too whiney for my taste, need something that'll make the bike sound a bit meatier and give the bike a soundtrack it deserves!

Guest philgale

cut it in half pull out some inners and re-rivet back together making it a stubby....

or just save a little and get an after market one. loads of cheap ones on ebay

What sort of brands should i look for? i'm basicly after a lower and louder tone to the exhaust but i dont want it stupidly/ deafeningly loud. I will go for a road legal as i dont want to fuss with changing cans at mot time of getting pulled, are road legal ones decently loud? I'm not sure about my budget but it probably going to be towards the lower end of the spectrum as i'm skint! Do you always have to mess with the jetting when putting an aftermarket can on? and one last question - whats a slip on?

Slip on, slides on to the link pipe, and bolted with a clamp like a jubillee clip.

or 3 bolt/4 bolt fixings, the link pipe has an adaptor for 3 or 4 bolt fittings, have a lok at your exhaust and how it comes off..

slip on - you would need to know the internal diameter of the pipe, otherwise you end up with a 52mm can and a 48mm link pipe, it ain't ganno fit..

an aftermarket road legal can, shouldn't require any jetting issues.

have a scan in ebay, to see whats out there..

looking at your exhaust you would need a link pipe, as its a permanent fit to your silencer,

744650358_!BSvNNqw!mk(KGrHgoH-CsEjlLlvGm7BKEuJrqU2w_1.jpg.f6cae4eb4e500fbbbf6bbcdc4241e80b.jpg

your current exhaust

3648_1.jpg.8f027c4e7843ebc7dda489752dff1866.jpg

an aftermarket with link pipe

1517225101_!BV-t1(Q!mk(KGrHgoOKkEEjlLm(F82BKVO-bBOHQ_1.jpg.9750b1af3c48a38fb17d8236d7da17d8.jpg

and another, coloured with twin outlet..

thats fine, if you read below the advert it comes with the link pipe and hanging bracket, so everything.. just thought you wanted to do it on the cheap, hence ebay..