For all those that didn't pass their CBT

Can I join the club? :lol:

As you can see I am not disappointed, I know next time I will get it, its just that confidence thing. As it was the very first time I have ever been on a bike as a rider rather than pillion, I did OK .....My OH got his and I really pleased for him, he is shocked that he got it.

To all those that failed....remember we can do it, but at our own pace 8-)

One thing I have realised today, car drivers need to ride a bike for a day, damned dangerous they are!!!!! LOL (and I am a car driver too)

You're right, it is pure confidence. On my first CBT I just couldn't get the hang of slow maneuvers. Even fell off once :roll: But the second time was far easier and I passed with no problems.

Just remain optimistic and I'm sure you'll get it next time :)

sounds stupid but put all you pads on and jump on concreate or get someone to piush you so when have a hard fall its painless after that you wont be afraid about getting hurt and for slow manovers practice riding a push bike without pedaling just keep tiping your weight to balance and as you are a learner when it comes to the road part many cars keep a good distance and can tell you are doing a cbt because pf the vest. hope this helps

Hi All!

I am new here and new to riding but I was not aware many failed the CBT, after all its training and not a test? Although I understand they cannot allow anyone who is not confident or a potential danger to be given the certificate. I have mine on the 8th of August and I am certainly not expecting to fail. But then again I might be joining the cool crew of those taking it in their stride. Eitherway, stick with it. Reading the posts here is quite inspirational as it shows with the right attitude you will get there in the end. :cheers:

Well I'm doing my CBT right now......not failed it, but am having to take it over several days because I've never been on a bike before and it's not coming very naturally!!!!

Still I'm sure I will get it eventually :)

Well my next date is Aug 1, and eager to get on with it now
Just read this thread - I'm probably too late to wish you luck but I hope it all went well.

Urmmm Like Dana I am taking it over a few days LOL...so although I thought the 1 Aug was the day I could go out and buy my L's, they told me that the 8th will be my day.....

Had a wail of time in the pouring rain on Sat by getting a couple of emergency stops under my belt, and when the rain stopped zooming about avoiding wasps that seemed to be attracted to the high viz jacket! From a distance when we stopped to chat about things, it looked like that my instructor was battering me across the back and head with his gloves when really he was swotting the blasted stingers.

Anyway, x fingers for the 8th, good weather, no wasps and L plates at the end of it

Quite frankly, if you can't "pass" a basic competence test to the extent that you are a danger to yourself and/or other road users, you shouldn't ever be allowed to take a bike on the roads.

Unfortunately CBT doesn't extend to car drivers, pram pushers and electric wheelchair users.

Quite frankly, if you can't "pass" a basic competence test to the extent that you are a danger to yourself and/or other road users, you shouldn't ever be allowed to take a bike on the roads.

Unfortunately CBT doesn't extend to car drivers, pram pushers and electric wheelchair users.

Bit of a statement ... it just takes some people longer than others, and they could quite possibly turn out better riders than someone who flies through their CBT, a lot of it is confidence, which takes time for some, and oozes out of others :)

Bit of a statement ... it just takes some people longer than others, and they could quite possibly turn out better riders than someone who flies through their CBT, a lot of it is confidence, which takes time for some, and oozes out of others :)

Indeed, which is why I made no comment about people who do "pass" after training for 8 weeks of 2 hours a day lessons (or whatever). My statement was quite deliberately about those who "can't", not those who can eventually :P

But those who 'cant' pass there CBT aint allowed on the road ever anyway? So was a pointless statement surely?

The statement in the first paragraph set the scene for the opinion in the second paragraph. Since you seem to have focussed entirely on the first and completely ignored the second, I can quite understand why you consider the statement pointless, although of course it is factual.

hi I am using my sons account as i'm not registered

before he did his cbt we spoke to several instructors, some good some bad.

best advice given was

some people think its a test its not its a training course in sections

you have to complete each section to a acceptable standard before you are allowed to proceed to the next section

and when you book the course you are paying for a cbt course not a days training (except bike hire) although some say its for a days training

so if you dont complete the course in one day, whose fault is it, yours or your instructors, I'd go with blaming the instructor.

Hi Weshtoffi, I took a couple of gos to get through mine (even managed to open the throttle fully when I was diving for the brake and sent the bike over the curb, into the air and I and the bike landed in the hedge -although I was under it and it was upright and on its centre stand -quite an achievement as I hadn't even left the training ground! -Totally unscathed though apart from my pride :oops: )

Just relax and enjoy the riding -I was disappointed that I didnt get through it in a day but it was more important to me that I was a confident rider on my own -don't put any pressure on yourself -you don't want to be packed off on your own until you are ready and you will enjoy it all the more when you do! :) (I'm now tackling my module 1!)

Enjoy your day on the 8th :D

Well I got the CBT :cheers: ....Had a wail of a time getting it too....OK, I need to improve on the clutch control - a bit snatchy but hey that comes with experience. Thanks for all the good wishes and advice....next is the theory on Wed, although not too worried, I am still swotting.

Kemp, thanks for your message, glad you were OK,. I am happy I took my time, I am now more confident and with a little more experience, and have managed yesterday to get myself out of sticky situations, not of my making, without a problem. Good luck with your next stage

So whooo hoooo to me and now to find my little 125 to get more experience :D

DANA - Hope you got your theory :D

Well I got the CBT :cheers: ....Had a wail of a time getting it too....OK, I need to improve on the clutch control - a bit snatchy but hey that comes with experience. Thanks for all the good wishes and advice....next is the theory on Wed, although not too worried, I am still swotting.

Kemp, thanks for your message, glad you were OK,. I am happy I took my time, I am now more confident and with a little more experience, and have managed yesterday to get myself out of sticky situations, not of my making, without a problem. Good luck with your next stage

So whooo hoooo to me and now to find my little 125 to get more experience :D

DANA - Hope you got your theory :D

Hey hun!!! we seem very similar, I too need more work on the clutch control, but mainly now when I'm moving off to ensure I have enough throttle!! The theory was easy, so I'm sure you will be fine if you are getting a lot of practise in :) :) Congrats!!