Motorbike 'push' on test... I'm left handed!

Guest Helga

Hi all!

I used to ride bikes years ago, and now my circumstances mean getting a bike again would be a good idea. So, going to book a CBT next week, and then get my various tests under my belt as soon as... But I have hit a possible issue and would like some advice. Now, on module 1 you are expected to put the bike on its centre stand, then push it off, then walk it backwards into another box... easy obviosuly, but all the things I have read about doing it say you must do all the actions whilst on the near-side of the bike... but I'm left handed and can't physically do it on that side, so CAN you by the rules of the test do it all on the off-side side of the bike? It would mean, of course, putting the bike on the stand whilst on the near side, then walking round and pushing it off on the offside etc.

??? Any thoughts???

as the stand is on the kerbside, and the centrestand lever, it needs to be done from that side,

also this means that in reality, you always have the bike between you and other road traffic,

all bikes are made like this you need to work round it,.. sorry..

PS pop into newbies say hello and add your location to your profile, as they say

HelpUS to helpU..

and welcome, we're a nice bunch..

Thanks everybody - not what I wanted to hear, but what I expected - the problem is simply one of balance... I have always moved bikes, pushbikes and motor, on the other side.... practice, practice, practice, then I suppose...

lol Helga