hi,

i have a bit of a problem :?

my car is stuck in the garage and i need to travel 250 miles up to kendal and then 250 miles back again tomorrow!

the bike is fit for it but the weather forecast is really grim :(

any recomendations for a lightwieght waterproof over suit?

i've seen a see through set of race water proofs which was the sort of thing i was looking for but they are pricy at £115 :shock:

Nip along to your nearest bike dealer/kit shop and look at theirs. My over trousers were about £12 and the jacket around £30 and both do the job. £115 is pricey for waterproofs but then they could be the dogs danglies. I certainly would not pay that much and I ride in all weathers.

if you dont get anything, get a bin bag, put 3 holes in it and wear it under your gear, make sure you tuck it in past your shorts as cold water running down your a** aint a good feeling, and put plastic carriers on tyour feet inside your boots, same reason..

been there done that..

what you coming up to Kendal for? and when do you leave?

what you coming up to Kendal for? and when do you leave?

i'm visiting a company tomorrow in the town centre but i'm leaving here areound 3pm today.

not looking foward to the motorway blast but i should find a few decent roads on the way back down tomorrow afternoon :lol:

quite bright in the midlands at the moment!

just go for it!

it's only water! :lol:

it's quite bright here too at the mo, heading off soon. it's bound to pee down within 5 minutes of me getting on the road though... i seem to attract the rain when using my bike this year :roll:

well... made it here in one piece (and dry) :D

in the end i popped into mps express and got a frank thomas wet race jacket (transparent plastic coat) for £39... did the job nicely (bit sweaty after a couple of hours though :roll:

it was fine in the odd shower but i wouldn't thinks it's much use in a real down pour.

just glad to be sat on a soft cusion now :shock:

with a nice cold beer :cheers: