Mod 1 passed!

I know I have already posted to the Mod 1 thread but I just couldn't help myself. I am so excited. Somehow it makes me feel like that means I am good enough to take Mod 2, even though I can't be any better than I was just before I took Mod 1.

I got 1 minor after a gearbox problem and I didn't repeat my lifesavers (which I did before discovering I couldn't get out of neutral). It all felt really good and I felt I did it with ease. I was surprised to find the swerve really was done at exactly 50kph but I could have stopped way before where I did if necessary so it still felt good.

I am so excited. I almost feel like I am a decent, legal rider. I think I should be soon. I'm trying to book mod 2 sometime in the next couple of weeks.

It seems mad to me, but I feel good on the 500. I feel in control and just about nothing seems to faze me. On a naked bike it takes a little getting used to at high speed but other than that I feel good. That said during our mostly national speed limit, cross wind ridden 4 hour round trip yesterday even my instructor said he hated being on a naked bike for that. Neck aching, nerve rattling, wet and windy misery on the way back.. I just wish I had a bike to go out and ride! I feel sad I won't be riding tomorrow. Using engine braking better today too.

From never riding anything, never driving a car, nothing on to passing a Mod 1 well in just 4 days. I had read some not so great things about Motag after I booked it but Rick was amazing. I feel on top of the world and he seems to think that if I keep my head I will be fine for Mod 2 right away. W00t!

Oh I am rambling excitedly. Sorry. Everything just feels better, smoother and awesome today. I love it. Thanks for letting me vent a little! I'll leave you all alone now I promise.