Kevlar T-shirt

Guest davidqc

I want to get a kevlar T-shirt.

I have looked at Draggin Jean's one but it's £99.99 on eBay.

Are there any other cheaper makes anyone knows about? I know you get what you pay for etc, but I also know one is paying a lot for the Draggin name and the high cost is not all in the product. I'm not brand poseur conscious.

Just some web sites will do... :)

Why would you want a kevlar t-shirt, surely you'd be wearing a jacket over it anyway and so whats the point? :?

A thermal t-shirt I could understand.

I wish to wear a 'normal' top sometimes, especially during the warmer months (that's the purpose of the kevlar T-shirt). In any event I haven't seen a motorcycle jacket that I like....apart from some fancy bespoke leathers but tooooooo pricey fro my mere budget.

I have tried Google'ing to find other makers but no deal, hence I come here. Maybe only Draggin make them.

I wish to wear a 'normal' top sometimes, especially during the warmer months (that's the purpose of the kevlar T-shirt). In any event I haven't seen a motorcycle jacket that I like....apart from some fancy bespoke leathers but tooooooo pricey fro my mere budget.

I have tried Google'ing to find other makers but no deal, hence I come here. Maybe only Draggin make them.

I've got one of these "Click Here" that I wear in the summer (under a jacket), and they really are good. I wouldn't really recommend only a kevlar t-shirt to ride in the summer with though. It might offer some protection against gravel rash but it won't help against any knocks. You really need a jacket with a bit of padding.

I've got one of these "Click Here" that I wear in the summer (under a jacket), and they really are good. I wouldn't really recommend only a kevlar t-shirt to ride in the summer with though. It might offer some protection against gravel rash but it won't help against any knocks. You really need a jacket with a bit of padding.

don't forget that they don't have sleeves so the arms are going to suffer BIG TIME.

don't forget that they don't have sleeves so the arms are going to suffer BIG TIME.

The Draggin T-shirts have sleeves (like a sweat shirt really), and that's what I'm after.

Edited by Anonymous

... I wouldn't really recommend only a kevlar t-shirt to ride in the summer with though. It might offer some protection against gravel rash but it won't help against any knocks. You really need a jacket with a bit of padding...

I couldn't disagree (sound), but it's all about personal tolerance to risk/injury and cost/benefit etc.

Strictly we should all be wearing body air bags http://www.eggparka.com/english/main.html (also see http://www.getgeared.co.uk/s.nl/category./sc.1/.f?search=air+bag ...if you want to buy one) and masses more lagging for the pelvis, legs and ankles, but we don't. Neither do most spend £600 on a helmet.

My overwhelming focus is to protect skin/flesh loss and subsequent skin/muscle grafts - which are most unpleasant, disfiguring and time consuming to say the least. I live with the risk of broken bones from 'incomplete' ankle/plevis/shoulder/arm/leg (but not knee or shin) armour padding....but they mend, unlike skin/flesh loss.

I have to say that if one beocmes overly engrossed with this stuff, best to stick to 4 wheels and keep well clear of motorcycles. :|

Edited by Anonymous

Clearly a poor troll

Mmm....maybe. Maybe not. I just don't spend money blindly......just because a thing is expensive doesn't necessarily mean it's super good and a thing that's cheap needn't be junk. I did get a £100+ Laser for £29.99 - with the fancy gold EU Standards sticker - on a 'clear out' for new stock day. A neat exmaple of buying cheap wasn't buying rubbish.

Similarly, Draggin Jeans @ £99.99 but Bill's Motorcycle's in Bangor (small but well run) believe the RST Jeans http://www.twowheel.co.uk/news/rst-kevlar-motorcycle-jeans-1505.html are as good for £30 less and they have rear pockets too with some nice coloured stitching WOW!! :)

I appreciate the link to eBay.....but unfortunately the item does lack some important protection - now this is a case of you get what you pay for! :)

Clearly a poor troll

Mmm....maybe. Maybe not. I just don't spend money blindly......just because a thing is expensive doesn't necessarily mean it's super good and a thing that's cheap needn't be junk. I did get a £100+ Laser for £29.99 - with the fancy gold EU Standards sticker - on a 'clear out' for new stock day. A neat exmaple of buying cheap wasn't buying rubbish.

Similarly, Draggin Jeans @ £99.99 but Bill's Motorcycle's in Bangor (small but well run) believe the RST Jeans http://www.twowheel.co.uk/news/rst-kevlar-motorcycle-jeans-1505.html are as good for £30 less and they have rear pockets too with some nice coloured stitching WOW!! :)

I appreciate the link to eBay.....but unfortunately the item does lack some important protection - now this is a case of you get what you pay for! :)

Your better off getting a textile jacket, would be water proof too so you can save money and use it all year round :wink:

but Bill's Motorcycle's in Bangor (small but well run) believe the RST Jeans........

Nice enough place and people, plugged a tyre for me once! Don't know about Draggin jeans myself but you could try Woods in Abergele or A and D in Denbigh if you want more advice and to see the actual stuff.

After all that I've gone for the Draggin T-shirt (or K-shirt as it's called) on fleaBay http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_kw=draggin&_kw=k&_ckw=gloves&_dmpt=Women_s_Clothing

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wiDysvqTsJ0/SpLbxjh-yMI/AAAAAAAAADQ/BlCakJm63p8/s320/Bowing+man.jpg Many thanks to all who contributed

In the unlikely event folk have never heard of 'Draggin' here's the website http://www.dragginjeans.net/ - the've certainly got the market cornered and their prices expolit it to the full!

However, if your looking for jeans, RST offer a good alternative at £30 less to (to put toward a K-shirt :) ) http://www.twowheel.co.uk/news/rst-kevlar-motorcycle-jeans-1505.html

Dont think draggin have the market cornered anymore there are a good number of jeans available now:

Red route

Bullet proof

and a few more

....and RST jeans! :D

But they have what I can't find elsewhere the padded kevlar T- shirt (long sleeves) and padded kelvar 'long johns' to wear under fancy designer jackets and jeans - you know, the ones that cost 2 or 3 times more than Draggins - but lets the fashion priority conscious do there thing. Heck, were all make our bikes look good, so why stop at the rider :?:

Also, the fact is these days there are more and more riders not wanting to look like 'bikers'. :?

What is the point of a kevlar T shirt?

If you come off it is only a shirt and will ride up = Gravel Rash

It has no armour which is important in a tumble where there is street furniture around etc.

Clearly just a waste of money for those with nothing better to spend it on, or too young to see sense beyond fashion

Clearly just a waste of money for those with nothing better to spend it on, or too young to see sense beyond fashion

Hoped I'd explained the reasons for on the previous page, hence I don't agree such is a waste of do$h, quite the contary. Evidently, neither do Draggin nor its consumer base.

But, of course, it's a personal matter depending on individual perception and tolerance of risk....and what you can sensibly afford.

Actually, I have found it's the 'born agains' that are the predominant fashion conscious group, heck at that age they can afford it! :)

PS. Never thought for a moment my 'where can I get a Kelvar T-shirt from?' would generate so much comment....shows a very vibrant and healthy forum. Glad to be here. :D

Hoped I'd explained the reasons for on the previous page, hence I don't agree such is a waste of do$h, quite the contary. Evidently, neither do Draggin nor its consumer base.

But, of course, it's a personal matter depending on individual perception and tolerance of risk....and what you can sensibly afford.

Actually, I have found it's the 'born agains' that are the predominant fashion conscious group, heck at that age they can afford it! :)

PS. Never thought for a moment my 'where can I get a Kelvar T-shirt from?' would generate so much comment....shows a very vibrant and healthy forum. Glad to be here. :D

Upshot is............................the gear is designed for skate boarders etc. Buy and enjoy!

The ultraviolet light component of sunlight degrades and decomposes Kevlar, a problem known as UV degradation, and so it is rarely used outdoors without protection against sunlight.

I wouldn't dream of riding a bike without a leather jacket. Fetish or not 8-)

If you are the man in the avatar, leathers would be the only kit for you - anything else would look far too girlie. :lol:

However, I have to say that for the cost of leathers, I'd opt for the air-bag jacket with the Draggin K-shirt under, just to be sure you understand :) . As, I've said in previous posts, it's a matter of personal perception and tolerance of risk vs cost/benefit and affordablity.

Edited by Anonymous