techno's get lost in the lakes trip

techno

I am planning to head for the kirkstone pass this weekend will be setting off early as I may head upto penrith area as well dont know if anyones about or fancies meeting up but if not I am more than prepared to get lost myself :lol:

Ey up shame you cant make it sat, thought there maybe less coppers :lol: but where would be a good place to meet sun early I was thinking of been at devils bridge no later than 9.30-10 as its quite a long ride round.

Let us know what you think!!

whats your route? and could do Devils for 10.00....

ohh and avoid windermere/ambleside, its the great north swim weekend, lemming central

Arghh wanted to take the blade over kirkstone pass was gonna head for hartside cafe but thought it a little too far maybe etc so was gonna come back down the a6 then sedbergh hawes etc

So i'll make it sunday then!

whats your route? and could do Devils for 10.00....

ohh and avoid windermere/ambleside, its the great north swim weekend, lemming central

Arghh wanted to take the blade over kirkstone pass was gonna head for hartside cafe but thought it a little too far maybe etc so was gonna come back down the a6 then sedbergh hawes etc

So i'll make it sunday then!

can still do Kirkstone Pass, Turn off (Right) at the end of Ings village, and it brings you onto the Kirkstone road, just before the Pub.. check map for info..

ings.JPG.430bb7b957be99722e62c1c7d6fe507f.JPG

So are you coming then? :lol:

Ings road lol will have to find that on a bigger scale, as I really will get lost but thanks for the local info!

Yes, Devils Bridge at Ten...

The road is the A591 running from Kendal to Windermere, Ings is a village on the side of the road, my parents live in Ings... Has a Garage and speed cameras in the village, if you've ever ben that way..

I originally thought alston..middleton in teesdale /thwaite etc but didnt know how long it would take hence my other thought of just heading back down the a6.. dunno really never thought i would make it that far :lol:

Theres a road out of thwaite i have never been on but all seems to lead to a1 so am open to any suggestions!

theres a road out of thwaite that we have been on....... namely buttertubs... you planning on that back to Hawes.... :shock: otherwise the other road, i'm led to believe heads towards Leyburn,

just spoke with Matt (Jade Mongoose), the road Thwaite to Leyburn is .....S......l......o......w.....

he suggests going via brough, kirkby stephen, sedbergh, devils, and then the usual back to skipton..

Right lets see 2 choices if we go to hartside then we go alston middleton in teesdale then brough, thwaite hawes skipton we dont have to hit thwaite as theres a road b6259 to garsdale head then hawes cuts the corner so we miss sedbergh and buttertubs.

Or if we dont go to hartside we cut back down the a6 to kendal then go a684 to sedbergh hawes etc.

Both are long runs so we can decide on the move as we see how long its taking both have stunning views cos want to get some pics :)

yep..is andy coming???

Dunno, Think so, but will meet him at Devils, saves a detour for me.. and an earlier start..

My camera will be set to sepia for you :lol:
is this in reply to my picture...