Which Bike???

Fozzie

<t>Which of the two?</t>  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the two?

• Suzuki SV650S
    • Kawasaki ER6F

Having burnt through one too many RS cylinders over my time on the strokers and touring around the country to various events on both a GPX400 and a CBR125 I have decided that its time to get a nice bike that will go the distance and last for a good few years before I need to upgrade.

Now I am NOT at all interested in GSXR's and CBR600s as though they are lovely bikes they are a bitch to insure untill Im around 21 and they also come with the problem that they are not comfy long distance. I also dont like the excesive power as I'm all to easily carried away by it and eventually I know ill be filtering down a moving motorway at 120 so Im doing the smart thing and getting a bike that is comfy, can go long distances easily, is cheap to insure, its reliable, and is a good all rounder.

Now down to business. Having a kawasaki and finding out the hard way that it is quite unreliable at times. How it just switches back on and keeps going I will never know but the Kawasaki ER6F popped into my head. £5000 on the road new, it has a good twin engine. 650cc and is quite cheap to insure...

Then we have the Suzuki SV650. I have always liked these bikes. People have tried to put them down to me saying they are underpowered for what they are but that has never been taken in as I dont think 70 horse power is underpowered at all...

So, down to the 2 bikes. Which should I get? The kwickasfucki or the superquicki?

And Honda spammers will be executed....

Yamaha offerings, Fazer 600, New XJ600

Suzuki , bandit 650s, SV650/s,

Kwak, Er6f/s,

Honda, CBF 600 Hornet, (blakeatron has one for sale)

Plenty of bikes out there... depends wether you read into brand loyalty, or haven't bought into that yet..

also whats available, in your area and in your budget,

as with every post of the nature, whats good for the goose, isnt good for the gander, we all have biased opinions, buy a copy of parkers, and read the reveiws, see whats available, sit on them and if you can have a test ride..

i prefer the SV, even though i've never owned a v-twin, they looks, and style just beat the ER6, (plus i'm a suzi fan..) and after seeing Mojos, and Wiggleits, SV and theWifes, ER, i still think the SV is a better looking machine.

I sat on an SV and the riding style suited me. Its got that sporty zest that I like in a bike but also it wasnt heavy and it was a comfortable seating position. The kawasaki was a bit more cramped and slightly too upright but its something I can change.

There are alot of other choices but out of all of them I narrowed down my search to just these 2. They are my favourite out of the bunch. Im leaning towards the SV but i dont want to give in just yet. I want to see if the kawasaki really is a better buy than the sv.

Which one will last 3 years if serviced at the right intervals and not chucked down the road?

Triumph Speed Triple.........

How about the Street Triple (675 engined) and cheap enough new http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/biker ... =EPI-94728

or have a look at the kwack versys, nice bike.

Triumph really isnt my style at all. As much as I think they are nice bikes part of me has always hated the styling they have. And the kawasaki Versys is tempting but hasnt got the characteristics of the other 2 that I really want. I love the enduro style of bike but I would prefer for this bike to be a bit more sporty. Im trying to stay away from street bikes as well.