Failed Mod 2 on Thursday.

Absolutely gutted! Brilliant examiner, lovely sunny day in Banbury, the whole run was perfect and I knew it. As we were heading back to the centre, we came to a right turn, minor road onto major. Looked right, then left, right again, all clear and pulled out. At that precise moment a Rover came flying round the corner faster than the 30mph limit and I dropped a gear (2nd into 1st)and could not progress. Car had to brake for me and I got back into gear and moved away. I knew I had failed then but I carried on and finished.

Only two minors, one for speed ( I was doing 33ish in a 30 but caught it immediately) and undue hesitation (parked cars on both sides due to school run and oncoming drivers constantly). Examiner was really nice and apologetic even though it was not his fault and I did say that I had comitted to the turn before teh car appeared and dropping a gear was a real life scenario which could happen to anyone but I did not force the point and accepted his decision even though I drove the 25 miles home feeling dreadful.

Booked again for November 4th but I am so disappointed!

Andy

Bad luck mate. Nothing you can do about that. I made a small mistake on my first Mod 2 attempt that just killed it for me (left an indicator on). It felt so bad, so bad I can't describe. Still, I went back 2 weeks later and passed without issue and felt better for it.

Hang in there, won't be long.

Unlucky, my other half failed his module 2 yesterday as well for being a bit too hesitant on roundabouts - never had this problem before but never mind. I passed with one minor- didnt stick to the 40% line on a single laned roundabout lol

Good luck for next time!

• 2 weeks later...
Well done mate! That gives me confidence for next Wednesday!

Andy

I see you have a Vara 125. Thats what I bought to clock up some experience without the voice of the instructor. Great bike.

Hi, did you pass? Got my MOD 2 on friday with my vara. So be glad of any tips, had no training, but been riding for around 4 years altogether on l plates on and off. Thinking of putting a big X on back of helmet as appears alot of people have been told they didnt move their head much, but maybe cos plain helmet. And mine is black so could be an idea.

p.s Nice to meet everyone, am 25 and ride a 08 125 varadero, and love it!

Hi Mate

Passed Mod 2 today on the vara! Still grinning and sipping a celebratory port :-D

Rout was much the same as the one I failed first time but no speeding rover drivers on blind corners!!

Lovely to ride home with no L plates. I had no lessons apart from one all-dayer before the first failed attempt, I ride every day to work and just went down this morning to bimble about and get warmed up. Lessons are recommended especially if the test centre is in an unfamiliar area but the key is just relaxing and using your common sense. Want to give a shout out to Luke from Brackley Yamaha who took me out for a day in Banbury to learn the routes and give feedback - cheers mate!

Andy