Booked my CBT!

Then cancelled it! The guy rang me up and told me that as I'd never ridden a geared bike before it would take me 3 days to learn and an additional £125. Twelve long minutes on the phone later and he said he would "try and refund my money". Wasn't impressed to say the least.

Booked with a different school for friday now, £105 and the guy on the phone said it would be entirely possibly to learn within a day, if I made a hash of it he said i'd be able to do additional riding at no further cost :)

Botham what that guy said is utter nonsense, and he should refund your money!!

Exotic, why are you taking your bike? How you getting it there and if they have a problem with it maybe you should ring and ask them, before going to the trouble!

Then cancelled it! The guy rang me up and told me that as I'd never ridden a geared bike before it would take me 3 days to learn and an additional £125. Twelve long minutes on the phone later and he said he would "try and refund my money". Wasn't impressed to say the least.

Booked with a different school for friday now, £105 and the guy on the phone said it would be entirely possibly to learn within a day, if I made a hash of it he said i'd be able to do additional riding at no further cost :)

Utter Bo**ocks mate. You can do a CBT on a geared bike very easily. After all, it isn't a test, its a certificate of competence

I'd never ridden a geared bike before it would take me 3 days to learn and an additional £125.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it look me, and probably many others 3 days to do the full test! :roll:

if he refuses to give the money back, then report the f**ker to the DSA, chances are they might have plenty of other complaints of this guy ripping people off, and so might take his instructors licence off him.

the place you booked with is a bargain, £105 + no additional fee is extremely good, many places do charge extra for a second day (usually half price)

good luck!

3 days "bull sh**" I did my cbt on geared bike , all training tok about 2 hr's + few brakes , and there shouldn't be an aditional fee for geared bike

Total bollox, another cowboy entrepeneur. Anyway glad you got the certificate. Onwards and upwards. Report the tw*t to trading standards.