Had my MOD 1 practise today.........

So as the title says, I had my MOD 1 practise this morning. Went quite well but I did a proper big skid on the high speed emergency stop coz it had been raining for about an hour before my session was booked, The Instructor said because I had come to a stop with the wheels turning and not locked as I let go of them and came back on gently it would be counted as a controlled stop (if the skid had'nt been about 10 ft long!).

The swerve test isnt as bad as I thought it was gonna be, its just getting the nerve to accelerate hard when you know that you're gonna have to bank twice and then stop quickly soon after, but once you've done it a few times at slow speed and get used to what you need to do once past the speed trap it quite easy.

Other than those 2 parts Its pretty straight forwardand I am optimistic that Ill get through, Just wish I had another practise session before I go for the real thing on tuesday morning.

Oh also I found this, Might be of use to some one else.

test_course.png.48e09e0c7c29c3092479d9f3ad557eec.png

Goodluck!

Practice around manhole covers.. is what i did :D

And for the emergency stop, only put on the rear break slightly (test it on its own to see how much you can put on before it starts to lock) and then just use the front break alone. If in doubt, don't use it at all!

Also remember its a controlled stop, so do it controlled, as long as you stop in good time it should be fine.

:cheers:

I had my practice the other day too, wasnt really prepared for how much ya have to gun it through the speed trap, took me a good 4 or 5 goes before i got up to 50+ Kmph but once i nailed that i was happy with it, i just hope i can get the speed right for it when the proper test it booked.

Everything else im quietly confident about, so fingers crossed :D

Its quite easy to accelerate :? lol

and apparently its 'special' tarmac so its just as grippy... either way it will be fine as long as you dont use the break until you straighten up!