Megelli 125 S suspicious keyhole.

Edgey

Hey all,

I have recently purchased a Megelli 125 S, used. Most things are fine but I am interested as to wether it has any underseat storage or not. There is a keyhole underneath the seat but only after buying the bike I have found out the keyhole is trashed, pop the key in and turn, it just keeps on turning and making bad noises, seems someone has tried to break into whatever it is and destroyed the lock or something, I have added a yellow circle to the photograph below to show the keyhole.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k84/edgey_15/megellinaked-s2.jpg

Can anyone help identify where this keyhole leads to? Underseat storage? The battery?

This is my first bike so I don't know how underseat storage usually works, havent played around with it on other bikes or anything, just know it exists on most bikes but some don't have any.

normally a seat lock so you can remove seat access tool kit and battery.. cable operated so see if you can get to the mechanism from underneath or turn so as to operate the cable and remove seat, from there you can make a decision of what to do.. new lock, simple lever out of sight etc..

just popped down for another bash at opening it, its simply not budging. I'm also not even sure what i'm meant ot be lifting, but nothing seemed to want to move anyway, wether I just tried to lift the seat padding itself or try to budge some of the fairing (though it looks as though only the seat padding should move) nothing would move a significant amount.

Who would I go to about getting into the lock? Would I take it to a mechanic? or a locksmith?

Also If I was to have to put a new lock on, could a lock be made of my key so I dont need a seperate key just for the underseat storage (or whatever it actually is). Much handy to have one key for all three; ignition, tank cover, seat-thingy.

it would come down to what damage was done to the lock. you need to acess the cable/mechanism to get the seat off first..

BTW i have 2 keys ignition and seat/tank..

and keys are mirrored, so if one side is cut for the ignition, the other can be cut for the other locks, (subject to the same key profile..)

I got onto Megelli and it turns out that it is not for underseat storage, from their riddled email I gather it is to remove the back seat, so that the front seat can be removed which in turn allows you to remove the tank and access the battery. So I probably wont need to use it for a while so it has moved down on the priority list.

• 1 year later...

i have the 125 r and the key hole is to remove the pillion seat so that the main seat can be removed, how are you finding the megelli. ive had nothing but trouble with mine.

check the bolts on the rear sprocket, mine worked loose and locked the rear wheel

be really carefull with the fairings, they are extremely brittle, the wee tabs that you screw into break off if you look at them wrong..lol

lol...didnt notice the date, was just searching the net lookin for anything megelli related and found your post.

as said ive had loads of trouble, still love the wee thing though...lol

Glad you love yours, I don't, not looking forward to this winter, hopefully I'm going to be able to find the time (get off my arse) to do practical tests and get on my 600. Me farting about is taking the piss now and this 125 malarkey is turning me off biking, but i know as soon as I get on a REAL bike with safer rubber etc. I'll love it like I did when I first got my 125.

• 2 weeks later...
Thread revival! Wow, posted some pretty daft sounding questions back then.

I haven't had many severe problems with the Megelli, quite a few niggly bits and bobs though, too much to go into detail.

Some of the ones posted these days are just as daft, But then if you never ask, you never find out :wink: