operation betty is underway

bex

the cheque is inthe bank and i am now deciding what to do, on the list already is

new leavers as both are messy

new indicators

new fairings and tank

change to frame and swing arm colour, metalic red

possible single side swing arm

new paint scheme

propper engine clean

anyone got ideas please throw them this way,

except the comedians who want to say new bike :booty:

hmmmm

seriously

strip the bike all new bearings everywhere powder coated frame swinger and wheels new fairings in all black nice undertray if you havent already cant stand the big ugly OE ones!!! short leavers chain and sprockets and some engine work ie a really good service and new cam chains and tensioners as you know they are prone to going on the firestorm

also if you can afford to spend some on decent suspension you wont regret it the bike will handle like a dream 8-)

hmmmm

seriously

strip the bike all new bearings everywhere powder coated frame swinger and wheels new fairings in all black nice undertray if you havent already cant stand the big ugly OE ones!!! short leavers chain and sprockets and some engine work ie a really good service and new cam chains and tensioners as you know they are prone to going on the firestorm

also if you can afford to spend some on decent suspension you wont regret it the bike will handle like a dream 8-)

cam n tensioners were done bout 8k ago so will be looking at them, am inending on stripping n cleaning properly, already looking at chain n sprocket but the one that is on is new :( but ho hum, alot of it is going to be done by me with help from uni mate (wuv u marc lol) but i just think she needs tlc on a big scale.

and no techno i dont want and cant afford a new bike lol

just do what i have done then

strip the bike replace the bits that need replacing and give the engine a good service sounds to me thats all that needs doing really

oh and new fairings :-)

haha you noticed the small scuff then? the tank has a little dent to pmsl, nah i just want to play

just do what i have done then

strip the bike replace the bits that need replacing and give the engine a good service sounds to me thats all that needs doing really

oh and new fairings :-)

IF you remember correctly i am booked in for next spring :lol:

IF you remember correctly i am booked in for next spring :lol:

spring is riding season

october is the time to send me it :wink: along with the £2000 fee :mrgreen:

:shock: October it is then :up:

• 1 month later...

well today i purchaced a nice single side swing arm, at a very nice price, came with wheel and good rubber on tyre, calipers and disc. think its going to look good, but today got told the leavers i ordered aint coming so need to find new suplyer, oh n braided hoses being ordered to. the indicators are really nice, some LED ones :)

I take it from an earlier post that you have a firestorm.

The best mods I made to mine were without doubt

1. changing the suspension - maxton revalved forks and Ohlins rear (I had WP before and that suited me better than the ohlins does)

2. Changed the brakes - GSXR1000 six pot calipers, EBC HH pads and braided hoses

3. MFW rearsets - pegs slightly further back made it more comfortable (since changed to Harris adjustable rearsets which look top but aren't as comfortable)

4. Changed Remus cans to Arrow .. luuuuverly

If you don't actually have a firestorm just ignore all that! :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

right, well, what an interesting weekend i have had inbetweent he beerage.

betty is now mostly in the house lol, only thing not here is the engine and frame as there is a bolt that will not move so mate is having a look at it for me.

the swing arm looks mint :D and cant wait to start getting her together again soon, decided to go for short stuby can but not decided where yet, having to smarten the pipes up so going to go for smart can to. all other bits are in my room waiting to be cleaned properly and what dont fit in there is in the living room, my house mates love me lol

as for how long its going to take to put her back together i have no idea lol but ho hum she is going to look ace :D

• 1 month later...

guess what i am starting tomorrow :D i have nearly everything together, just need to transport it all into uni and its going to start taking shape :)

2102765690_betty1.jpg.903698e485050344e1c0a62ff892939a.jpg

starting to strip her down

102768913_betty2.jpg.9254cd511461a83f54cc3c57f475f21a.jpg

swing arm fits nicely

974883168_betty3.jpg.a8f0ae0a264661911542923529a53939.jpg

betty has been my room mate for a while

988115769_betty4.jpg.61aac56bd4970451c49de08ec7631179.jpg

dirty dirty

2106629029_betty5.jpg.f1c699f835618af164a196ad85667a6c.jpg

but a few hours later :)

1499068073_betty6.jpg.2c3950607cc8f6d16e99a334073181dd.jpg

nice new wheels