Restricted lexmoto texan125...

matty6660

I might buy a new lexmoto texan125 which is a '59 plate but it says that it is restricted to 65mph. I have a CBT and am 17 so I can drive it fully de-restricted so does anyone know how to de-restrict it because it has 160mph on the clock. Can't find it out anywhere on the internet :| :wink:

I might buy a new lexmoto texan125 which is a '59 plate but it says that it is restricted to 65mph. I have a CBT and am 17 so I can drive it fully de-restricted so does anyone know how to de-restrict it because it has 160mph on the clock. Can't find it out anywhere on the internet :| :wink:

id imagine it being restricted for a reason.

With a CBT you are restricted on the power of the bike not only cc.

Soo id imagine de-restricitng it would make it 33bhp - making it legal for A2riders to ride?

Just a guess

Josh

I imagine its 12bhp restricted, and unrestricted like comment above it will be 33bhp meaning cant ride it just on a CBT. I know alot of people do de-restrict RS 125s and such like but are risking it if dont hold the correct A2 licence for 33bhp.

restricted for a reason, unrestricted would need a full licence, otherwise theyd be sold as such for the current market.

modifying a bike in this was will make it that you are unlicenced and therefore uninsured... which if caught, would take 6 points and a hefty fine, i don't think either you could afford..

just to back up my post a quick google search got me this..

2. Category A1 - light motorcycle licence - to receive this you must take and pass your test on a motorcycle with

* an engine size over 75cc but not more than 125cc

* a power output of not more than 11kW (14.6 bph)

* a maximum speed of not more than 100 kph (62.5 mph)

You will now have full licence entitlement on any motorcycle up to 125cc and with a power output of up to 11kW (14.6 bhp). This licence is intended for riders of 125s and similar who don't intend to ride anything bigger. It will not become an unrestricted category A licence after two years. If you take a test on a125cc or similar then you will have to take another test to ride anything bigger than a 125cc, 11kW bike with a maximum speed of over 100kph (62.5mph).

My YZF R125 will apparently do 75mph (Yamaha website).

Its a 4 stroke (and therefore restricted to about 14.6bhp (the legal limit I believe).

I can't see a YBR doing 75mph though. Speedo's can be out by up to 10% though.

Yeah his speedo may be out then. The thing is that my 50cc will do about 45mph at the moment so theres not much point in me getting a 125cc if it only goes 60-65mph. That's not a very significant change.. It's a bit silly really that 125cc's have to be restricted to 12bhp, because most 17 year olds get their CBT licence when they are 16 so they have like a whole year to get used to the roads and stuff. I think 125cc's on a CBT should be restricted to something like 25-30bhp. I think this would be a more reasonable up-power. :lol:

But my m8 is 17 and he has a YBR125 which does about 75mph. Doesn't this mean that it is over 12bhp?

bladdy hell its a funny YBR coz mine went up to speedo 68, and it was verging on red line :shock:

carbed YBR are about 12BHP, fuel injected are about 10BHP

Yeah his speedo may be out then. The thing is that my 50cc will do about 45mph at the moment so theres not much point in me getting a 125cc if it only goes 60-65mph. That's not a very significant change.. It's a bit silly really that 125cc's have to be restricted to 12bhp, because most 17 year olds get their CBT licence when they are 16 so they have like a whole year to get used to the roads and stuff. I think 125cc's on a CBT should be restricted to something like 25-30bhp. I think this would be a more reasonable up-power. :lol:

And do away with the motorcycle licence test all together? After all, there'll be little point in sitting a 3 part test that allows you to ride a 33BHP bike if you can already ride one at 25-30BHP.

Haven't really thought this one through, have we?

One day you will realise that speed isn't the most important attribute for a motorcycle :P Oh, and neither is BHP, but that'll take you a little longer to come to terms with :)