my first ride of 2010

Guest WalneyFrankie

barrow to Devils bridge, for a bacon butty and a brew...

left barrow, chilly but nothing more, past newby bridge, which had snow, and some lovely white capped scenery the fells and the pennines...

got to Devils Bridge, it was packed............. :shock:

with ice.....

met another 3 bikers out for the day,

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg250/simonevans73/PIC01403-1.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg250/simonevans73/PIC01404-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

had a run out with Matt (Jade Mongoose) last weekend, went kendal to devils bridge, up to Sedbergh onto Hawes, Ingleton and back to Devils, cracking roads, but lots of debris from the recent weather and potholes.. then went home and put feet up, Matt spent the afternoon cleaning his new bike, I love old bikes...

Genius.

Every time I see a new bit of rust on my GSR my heart cracks a little more. If Id bought I rusty bike to start with Id be a lot happier.

the muck covers the rust...

Nice meeting place and roads but the 40 zones and police presence are enough to keep me away,selecting third will get you jailed :) .

Ill shut up now cos i havent been further than round the block,0.3mile doesnt realy count as 1st ride

Fabulous sunny day here in north Wales Sunday so me and the g/f went out on the Blackbird.

Did Capel Curig, Beddgelert, Portmadoc and back home via Caernarfon. Lots of bikes about but the roads were greasy in a lot of places, Salt and sh1t all over too!

Wore my new silk inner gloves for the first time...... ironically they did a better job of keeping the warmth of the heated grips from my hands than they did of protecting my finger tips from being frozen :roll:

Funny how rusty your lines become over winter too :shock: :lol: :lol:

by the time I got home my all black bike now had a black and white striped front end and an almost pure salty white back end and white rubber tyres! Hosepipe cured all though 8-)

• 4 weeks later...

Had a gentle jaunt down to matlock to meet Willow (and her New Beautiful bike), Akey Roybandit and Korben.

The A6 just passed Buxton was closed due to a landslide, so diversion sent me over the tops of the snowy hills, Roads were ok just damp. came back via Chesterfield the road coming out of there is horrendous full of potholes, trenches and gravel.

Like Jota said it amazing how rusty your riding is after a few weeks off the bike.