Mod 2 time!

Guest CobbZ

Hi all, i'm finally going to book my mod 2 this week! Weather looks to be ok around here, already bought a second helmet so i can take my friends for rides xD Lol.

Anyways, i'm a tad nervous, so i'm just asking for a few hints and tips before i go :) For example, i've heard if you're in the wrong lane, you should go in a different direction, cos they can't fail you for taking the wrong exit, but they can for trying to go the right way from the wrong lane....

Thanks all :)

What date is your test? I've booked mine for the 18th.

One thing I have been wondering is if you put a foot down on the U turn in the MOD2 do you still fail even though you have already been tested on that in the MOD1? If so it kinda makes the MOD 1 a complete waste of time and money!

I did my mod2 last august and you don't have to do a U turn in your mod2. Thats out the window now. i think you will find your mod2 is all about how you ride and how safe and confident you are.

You will do a couple of hill starts and pull away from parked cars. The rest will be all about how you ride and signal and manouver. Just one thing i will say, keep up with the speed limits cus i got points for doing a 30 in a 40 limit.

All the very best with your test.

Not booked it yet, just waiting for my money to come through from paypal, should take a few days. It'll definately be between the 15th and the 20th :)

And yeah, i don't think you do a u turn in mod2.

Na no u turns in MOD 2, that is whole idea of MOD 1 to do all of that stuff off road. When did my MOD 2 in November, was purely how you ride on the road. Cant remember doing any hill starts either but maybe I just got lucky.

In regards to lane thing, at one point at some lights which joined a dual carriageway, I was in outside lane and my examiner was in inside lane, as we would be taking first exit as he told me. But I just corrected it by doing checks, indicating and moving back into correct lane. Long as use common sense and what you already know, should be fine.

Good Luck mate!

Good luck mate

Only advice i can give is that you should treat it like any other ride with a mate. For example i got a minor for stopping at a roundabout when i didnt need to. He said i could of went straight through as i could see that nothing was coming, which i would of done normally - except as i was on a test i though he'd want to see me stop.

best way i could describe it i guess is that they want to see bikers, not people doing their CBT pt.2

Good luck fella I did mine at failsworth....

I know I've said this before but it gets me every time, of all the places to have a test centre!!

Anyway, good luck mate, there's a Rocket III waiting for you somewhere.

Just one thing i will say, keep up with the speed limits cus i got points for doing a 30 in a 40 limit.

On the other hand, if you've missed the sign and aren't sure what the limit is, much better to get a minor for 30 in a 40, than to fail outright for doing 40 in a 30...