whats the best road you have ridden?

fazerboy

The D999 in southern france was epic,on our way to the millau bridge,it was 45 minuets of 100mph very long sweeping corners,and tight hairpin bends,with almost perect views ahead,it was awesome :D :D

this country????

well i love the north west coast of scotland,totally different but equally mind blowing :D

Wouldnt say the best road as theres so many for so many reasons but upto the hartside cafe then back through middleton in teesdale and brough stunning views great corners.

Oh and for a short 12 mile blast theres an unclassified road between buttercrambe and malton!!

DSCF1939.thumb.jpg.d6f721c6a9c700c3fc401dc58a0f8cb6.jpg

I could name loads, I just done the Antrim Coast road on Monday, that was memorable.

The Applecross pass is another memorable one.

ive done applecross about 12 times,its great but i would include that in my west coast of scotland route :D

I could name loads, I just done the Antrim Coast road on Monday, that was memorable.

The Applecross pass is another memorable one.

Did the Antrim coast road when I went to see the NW 200 a few years ago loved it, will have to have another go sometime, also love Kendal to Helmsley via Hawes and Masham.

Nooooo im sorry but im not accepting the ring...its also a racetrck....we want real roads, for real men..its gorra have traffic lighs,where you have to stop and let pedestians cross,n stuff like that...cmon phil youve ridden a road surley :D

Guest philgale
Nooooo im sorry but im not accepting the ring...its also a racetrck....we want real roads, for real men..its gorra have traffic lighs,where you have to stop and let pedestians cross,n stuff like that...cmon phil youve ridden a road surley :D

the ring is a german toll road, so it is actually a road with a speed limit on part of it ;)

cant remember good roads, not done that many to be honest. some good roads round hawes way.

Guest philgale
Always thought you were a fan of the Via Gellia Phil... Still one of my favorites when you get a free run.

yeah but wouldnt class it as the best....

Wouldnt say the best road as theres so many for so many reasons but upto the hartside cafe then back through middleton in teesdale and brough stunning views great corners.

Oh and for a short 12 mile blast theres an unclassified road between buttercrambe and malton!!

Isn't that a pic of Wrynose Pass with Brotherswater in the background

is that Wrynose and Brotherswater?

Marsey, it was taken on a run up Kirkstone pass , believe its brothers water...

right body of water, wrong pass...

Edited by Anonymous

is that Wrynose and Brotherswater?

Marsey, it was taken on a run up Kirkstone pass , believe its brothers water...

right body of water, wrong pass...

Only half right, not bad for somebody that's lived in the lakes all his life :lol:

Another road i like is Thirsk to Scotch Corner via Richmond i found that one when i got lost AGAIN :roll: