whats the best road you have ridden?

fazerboy

Too many to really mention :shock:

And I dont know many of the names of the roads :oops:

I have favourites in many different parts of the country, the south coast offers the best roads for me.. Scotland is very easy to ride, but the roads up towards wick and john o groats are pretty nice.

The via Gella is a nice road, its the best road I know the name of :lol:

I dont bother with names, I ride to get lost and explore the country. You find all the best places that way!

SO far, a road called the Serpents Tail in Germany.

Cant remember the road number, went there with a couple of mates and spent about 2 hours playing on that road, excellent grip and awesome curves.

Some of the best is I have ridden make a nice circular route some 37.5miles long, and on a good day the some of the best bits of it are one way. :wink:

Sorry I don't know the road numbers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In a similar vein there is also a very nice triangular route between Coleraine/Portrush and Portstewart in NI. With some cracking views on the coast road.

The road from Inverness to Wick, and many in Cumbria. I am also spoilt rotten with the Wye Valley on my doorstep and the Brecons and Black Mountains in easy reach.

Some of the best is I have ridden make a nice circular route some 37.5miles long, and on a good day the some of the best bits of it are one way. :wink:

Sorry I don't know the road numbers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like that route too, the tarmacs a bit bumpy but the unlimted speed limit makes up for it, think some of it is the A3!

• 1 month later...

Isle of Man TT Mountain Course, especially the Glen Helen and Mountain sections.

Glen Helen for the great bends, and the mountain section for the lack of any speed restrictions and plenty of high speed corners.

• 1 month later...

just got back from the Highlands.The A82 from Tyndrum to Drumnadrochit is mind blowing,surface quality is great.The views through Glen coe are stunning and the constant left,right,left,rights all the way up the side of Loch Ness is biker heaven.At the time this was the best road id been on.

Right up the north west the road from Durness to Ullapool has got to be the best road i have ever ridden.Scenic is one word for it,jaw dropping is another from roads carved through mountains dropping into mythical valleys with castle ruins built on the lochs.Not a straight road in sight.Oh and only one self service 24hr filling station in Scourie on route so take a bank card.

• 7 months later...

For everyone who has ridden up the A82 Loch Lomond Rd and kept going, you have missed a gem of a road. It is worth a quick diversion to ride up to Glen Fruin towards Garelochhead and then at a round-a-bout at the A814 just north of Faslane turn back and do it again. It is the military road which used to be closed to the public, but you can use it all year round, minus 1 day, now. It is perfect in every way with steep climbs, sweeping bends and superb surface.

A 125cc struggles up the hills, but can still do there and back again in about 20mins.

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Paisley,+United+Kingdom&ll=56.046157,-4.732018&spn=0.08418,0.33268&z=12