Sat Nav??

Guest Albine

allo ha :lol:

what kind of sat nav do you use for your bike?

ive been looking on ebay for a cheap 2nd hand sat nav to use on my bike, one that i can either put on my tank or handel bars, i dont particularly need a connection for that as i can make one.

what would you surgest?

Andy

tom tom rider/ and garmin zumo are the prefered tools for a biker,but be careful buying off ebay,make sure you have all the codes and stuff for the workings of the satnav,ive had loads of problems with this. :?

but a normal sat nav will work,and bang it in your top bit of the tank bag :wink:

You really need to consider comms to your helmet as the screens, even on the larger ones like the Zumo 660 are difficult to see in some light and you take your eyes off the road to read them - often at a time when you most need to concentrate - when you are lost!

I find that I fllow the spoken instructions rather than the screen tbh

Can you buy SAT navs with just a reciever and ear plugs, so that the reciever fits in your pocket and the wire only goes to the plugs.

And please dont say phones cus I got one that has two cans and a length of string

I use an old tomtom rider V1, you can get some pretty good deals on them second hand now.

The biggest down side with the V1 was the crap blutooth earpiece that was replaced with a scarla one for V2. If you have blutooth in your lid then it SHOULD work with any of the bike satnavs. I'm not sure if car satnavs push the directions through the blutooth.

i have the v1 and the headset earpiece is shit,i cant even get it in my ear :roll: tho the bluetooth doesnt work as when i dowloaded the map,it wouldnt fit on so i deleted a few things and the map worked,yay but then realised i deleted the workings for the bluetooth..... :( :( bugger,so have half a tom tom v1 now,they sent me an email what to do to reset it all,but i darent do it,just in case i screw it up good n proper :shock:

• 3 weeks later...

Try CoPilot. It's software that is loaded on your mobile phone. It used to be about £100 when I first bought it, now it's only about £25. Look at alk.com for further details. In the car, I can use it visually and audibly, but on the bike, it's a choice of putting in in the map pocket of a tank bag or simply listening to it whilst it's in my jacket pocket. I don't like the idea of having it's headphone on, but having the mobile attached to the bike.

I can listen to music through the mobile, and the SatNat directions have a priority over the music. However, incoming calls have priority over the SatNav.

Good luck with it - Aceman

I thought I'd give Copilot a try but it seems the Andriod version is no good.

I'd use my Car gps but it needs power :(. The only other GPS I have doesn't have a 3.5mil headphone jack.

I need to pick up my new bike from the other side of london - not looking forward to it!

You really need to consider comms to your helmet as the screens, even on the larger ones like the Zumo 660 are difficult to see in some light and you take your eyes off the road to read them - often at a time when you most need to concentrate - when you are lost!

I find that I fllow the spoken instructions rather than the screen tbh

Hoody Just wanted you to know your Avatar always brings a smile to my face when i come across any posts from yourself...

I know ladies it sad, but what the heck :lol: