Finally got my bike back!

botham1989

Well, it was written off months ago....anywho.

I jumped on it to see what was what and it still works (didn't go out onto the roads). I've been told to scrap it but I thought i'd ask here to see if it was worth sticking on ebay, the noted damage was :

Honda CBR125rr

Pillion holder -scratched

Rear grab rail - Scratched

Gear pedal - does need replacing

rear lamp holder - um...

number plate (think that was noted down as it was not there in the evaluation, it was at my house) not needed

Left hand crank cover - scratched

nose cane - loose

left hand middle and lower fairing - cracked, not highly noticable

decal kit - ? D:

nose cone stay

left hand front indicator lamp - perfectly alright..

both levers - both missing the knobly bits at the end

left hand mirror - just needs a bolt to keep it in place (i think)

left hand footrest hanger - seems fine..

If pictures would help i'll stick some up...I was just wondering how much I could shove it on fleabay for?

edit: full tank of petrol!

why not repair and keep it doesnt seem a lot to do to it you will need to find out what catogary insurance write off it is.........cat D........cat C just hope its not cat B as that means it cant go back on the road and is for spares only

Completely missed these replies, sorry :(. How do I go about finding out which cat it would be under?

In the evaluation letter I received it states it has a salvage value of £494.40. It also says "Salvage Category D" (not sure whether this is an answer to my above question or not :P )

So how does this work?

If it has a scrap value of £494 then do you pay them the 494 or do they dock it from the payout you recieve?

The damage sounds mostly cosmetic, what happened to the bike?

It could be worth your while getting it and fixing it up (but thats not half as much fun if its only cosmetics :P).

Maybe even breaking it, engine, frame, tank etc, should make your money back easily (they seem to be up for between £200-£400 on fleabay! whole exhaust systems, upto £50'ish)

Best regards

-Jvr

received a phone call from someone watching it on fleabay earlier today, he's coming up from cornwall to have a look at it and offered £450 (all being well, I am expecting to have to haggle). He wants to buy it outside of ebay, he has a 100% record on ebay.

Thing that slightly concerns me is that he wants to take it with him tonight as long as everything is ok with the bike, unless he pays in cash (other option is cheque) i'm not sure I can trust him? I'm sure he's a nice enough bloke but I am a little worried..

received a phone call from someone watching it on fleabay earlier today, he's coming up from cornwall to have a look at it and offered £450 (all being well, I am expecting to have to haggle). He wants to buy it outside of ebay, he has a 100% record on ebay.

Thing that slightly concerns me is that he wants to take it with him tonight as long as everything is ok with the bike, unless he pays in cash (other option is cheque) i'm not sure I can trust him? I'm sure he's a nice enough bloke but I am a little worried..

tell him before hand that its cash or he collects when the cheque has cleared. otherwise get him to paypal.. signs in at yours and completes the sale, inside ebay.