Rucksacks (Kriega)

anybody use a rucksack/backpack when riding?

if so, what sort of rucksack do you use? is it designed with being used whilst riding a motorbike, or is it just a cheapy from JJB or something like that?

Reason i ask is that the Kriega bags look really good! but they are very expensive, anybody got one (or something similar), is it worth the money?

cheers!

I've got a Kriega R25 and I really like it, very waterproof (it's been tested several times) and comfy to wear. The bag's been quite heavy but because of the way it buckles up it takes all the weight off your shoulders.

Like you say, expensive, but a good bit of kit. If you're doing occasional shorter journeys then you might want a cheaper bag though. I've heard good things about Knox 6packs.

I myself use a hein gereckie one, waterproof, has chest and waist straps. it's pretty good with plenty of pockets too. seems fairly well padded, wouldn't mind sliding down the road on my back with it on :lol:

can't remember how much it cost though, but probably a bit cheaper than a kriega though

thanks for the replies.

really like the look of the Kriega, think i'll try and find a dealer somewhere near me.

one other thing though, some riders think wearing a rucksack isn't very safe? is it best to strap something to the bike instead? i would have thought the extra material on your back would help if you came off

The theory behind it is that the rucksack will catch something and make you roll rather than slide, rolling is worse. If you come off you want to slide to a stop in your leathers.

Heine Gericke have Kriega stuff in so you could compare it with the HG own brand stuff. I'm a Kriega tail pack fan, their kit is expensive but rugged and simple. Worth the money in my opinion.

I have the Kriega 15 litre. Fantastic bit of kit. It has the shoulder harness and a waist strap (which the 25 does not have). This holds it in place nicely. Depending on what you want to carry, I`d go for the 15litre. Does me for a small food shop, work clothes and gym gear. As Joe says..waterproof, comfy, bit pricy but then again you pay for what you get.

Guest philgale

i use these... :lol: much easier than a rucksack

http://www.metropolismotorcycles.com/images/new-bikes/suzuki/bandit_1250_gt/bike_bandit1250gt_pic3.jpg

thanks for the replies!

i think i'll take a look at the tailpacks as well, they sound really good.

reason for a rucksack is being able to take a change of clothes to work, and don't want the hassle of taking something off the bike everytime.

Kriega gear looks quality, will have to save some pennys!!

:cheers:

I got the Kreiga US20 tailpack with the tank pad accessory, I really like it. It holds a pair of shoes and trousers aswell as my lunch and general daily work supplies.I tend to just leave the tank pad on whilst i'm in work so it takes litterally seconds to take the bag on and off. It also has plenty of opitons for add ons, I think it can go upto about 50l storage if you get all the bits!!!